MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Vendor
5,151 Posts
Looks like they tried to copy the Bodis system with baffle setup and very close to the way pipes are routed,just saying:jsm:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i think it sounds good and with a lil more time, they can possibly clean up the looks a lil more. but for a first exhaust (assuming its their first MV exhaust) its not that bad.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Dunno. I would take the M-trux system over those horrid square pipes they sucker everyone into on the new ones. :)

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
??????

Just thought I'd share this in case theres someone who hasn't seen it like me until 4 mins ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfD9K7dcS1s
terrible pipes;
look at the thickness of the tips......so they can grind down the bubble gum welds

if thats Ti, that guy is the worst welder in the world......
it looks like stainless with not enough Argon

instead of making videos.....they should have spent some money on a rotary table:stickpoke:stickpoke
and fixtures :wtf::wtf::wtf:

of course then they'd have to make the joints FIT so they can just burn the edges down

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dunno. I would take the M-trux system over those horrid square pipes they sucker everyone into on the new ones. :)
I like the look of the new, square pipes over the older round ones, looks more modern / fits with the pointiness of the bike. Afraid to say it, but to me the round ones are looking a little dated now. (Ducks to avoid the flying rocks and beer bottles)

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
classic things

I like the look of the new, square pipes over the older round ones, looks more modern / fits with the pointiness of the bike. Afraid to say it, but to me the round ones are looking a little dated now. (Ducks to avoid the flying rocks and beer bottles)
nope....looks like a 999 made as cheap as possible, we won't get to the MIG welded frames and other crap.....:stickpoke

the original F4 is a Classic Italian Design....... dated?

to quote Coco Chanel..... How do you dress a Woman?

a silk blouse....
a string of pearls....
fitted Cacharel pants....
and Italian heels or boots....

you notice she didn't mention tats:naughty:

my pit tootsie from Daytona '79

Maritza Sayalero Fernández

today, 34 years later;
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3gCOQDmH_UM/TIwNlMmkuZI/AAAAAAAANfA/bD3s4AGglRQ/s320/MARITZA+SAYALERO+(13).jpg

knowing Maritza, i doubt she has any tats either :stickpoke

why ink something that's perfect?:jsm::jsm::jsm:

google her name:naughty:

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
On man's trash is another man's treasure.

I think the new ones look kind of gimmicky to me. Hell the F3 looks like a mini GSXR with the busy curves on the tank and the GSXR like vents on the side. You can keep the more "modern" looking MV's.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The old school round pipes still look the best!!!!

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
The old school round pipes still look the best!!!!
Apparently MV agree's. the Mini GSXR (the F3) has round pipes. Why can't we get the round pipes back on the F4. Hell. MV should offer factory Bodis exhausts. That's of course if they could deal with the melting, cracking and noise restrictions. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
You mean those holes in the fairing that help the bike not overheat? Yeah, those suck. Literally, not figuratively.

Frames still TIG welded as of at least 2010. Saw it with mine own eyes.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
You mean those holes in the fairing that help the bike not overheat? Yeah, those suck. Literally, not figuratively.

Frames still TIG welded as of at least 2010. Saw it with mine own eyes.
I'm sure they are quite helpful. If they were going to do the GSXR curves on the tank they should have done the shark gills from the BMW S1000RR for the vents. Put both the Suzuki design elements in one place and some people tend to recognize them. Almost makes me want to go buy a GSXR and stick a diamond headlight on it as a fun mockery of the design. :)

I have to say Cleophus that your using your newer F4 the right way. As a road bike I would not want anything after 2010 even if it was free. Not worth the stress and hassle of watching a beautiful motorcycle fall apart (ok ok technically dissolve) in front of you. On the track they are going to fall apart even if they were made out of solid granite because of the thrashing they get. :)

P.S. For any 2010+ owner out there who's blood is boiling right now there's a certain amount of humor meant to be in this. Please put down your pitchfork. If you can't laugh about things your taking life too seriously.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Like I said, those putty based fuel tanks love the race gas! :D
I bet. And of course the cool thing is you don't have to deal with all of that weight high up on the bike.

Despite the fun factor of being able to laugh about a 20K bike dissolving before your very eyes I really hope MV solved that issue on the 2013 and has the kindess to fix the issue for some of the brave 2010 owners.

It takes balls to buy a new model bike let alone one that's Italian made. A buddy of mine used to buy Jaguars like candy. They were terrible cars and one even set his pants on fire when a heated seat shorted out. Jaguar fixed every single issue every single time for him and he kept coming back for more punishment. MV could learn a lot from them.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I agree about the F3 looking like a GSXR. Not necessarily bad IMO, but not as unique or Ferrari-like as the F4.
Speaking of Ferrari like. Why did they ever ditch the yellow backgrounds for the tach? I love the yellow background. If I ever had a moment of weakness and ended up with a 1000cc F4 I would absolutely have to switch the tach for an earlier one.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
On man's trash is another man's treasure.
How often do we need to hear this. Make it your signature man.

If you don't like the bikes, why do you keep commenting on them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts