MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Popped in for my first service the other day and we (the mechanics and I had a look at linking up the phone app, which we seemed to do. So on my way home I pulled over to adjust the Compression / Rebound settings and have a general furtle but it would just not link up.

Have any of you used this app? If you have would you mind just clarifying for me the link up procedure as I seem to be unable to get it to do it:cry:

Cheers

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sometimes, if I have other devices connected to my phone (like my Sena headset), the BT stack will crash somewhere in the system such that, without restarting the bike and phone, I can't get it to connect either. I'd suggest turning your bike on (don't start it) and connect your phone then to check to see if it's working. Once you've got that working, you should then be able to work on your suspension.

Remember, you can also create suspension settings without being connected to the bike. Another tip is that the suspension settings you associate with the "custom tuning" that you send to the bike can be accessed from the settings menu on the bike without using the app. So, you can send 3 (IIRC) different suspension settings to the bike that you can select when the bike is in neutral.

I'm of the few things with the bike that I find a little frustrating to be honest but, doesn't stop me loving the thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Evilsteve,

I've been through and deleted all the bluetooth connections from the bike, phone, sat nav and helmet comms. I now run my phone through my Garmin to my helmet comms, effectively eliminating the bike.

I then linked the phone to the bike, both the phone and bike accepted and were then showing a connection so I opened the app. This is where it goes pear shaped! It simply refuses to connect and, every time I try, the phone shows a list for the bluetooth connection process, which I've already done!

I thought about deleting the app from the phone and then reinstalling but I can't find the app on the UK app store anymore, seems strange!

Might have to ping MV an email.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, obviously process of elimination would be my course of action. Remove the Garmin from the equation, reconnect the phone to the bike without anything else and, make sure it can connect (just the BT) sans the garmin and everything else. Then see if the app works.

If it's still crashing, you may be SOL, unfortunately. Given that you can't re-install, that is. I've found MV to be pretty responsive when I've had issues with the app in the past.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I guess Mv didn't payed for apple or the creator of the app... that why it is not anymore in the app store.

The thing is for what will u use the BT connection to the TV?
I've tried to connect my helmet (sena), my iPhone 6 and my TomTom Rider 400 to the TV, but it will not work because the TomTom can not communicate with the TV.
If you have a Navi and an BT helmet just connect this together and on top the iPhone for Music and calls with the helmet. as soon u try to connect the iPhone as well with the TV u will lose the ability to use the phone over the helmet-- what I will say if a call comes in it will ring on both the helmet and the TV. And nothing work properly. To use the App from TV it has to be connected as iPhone. It is not so easy to describe the hole thing in english :loser:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
What you're saying Gero is pretty clear to me. I can't really see that there's much point to the Bluetooth on the TV, aside from minor bragging rights. I have a Garmin 660, Sena 10U and Samsung S6. These all connect to the Garmin as a hub. I also have a Sena SR10 to use with a PMR radio for leading group rides so I can stay in touch with the TEC (far better range than the 10U), but it's rarely connected. Without the GPS as a hub I suppose that the bike BT might get used. I guess you can use it to connect an iPhone with the app, if you can find it, but for Android users like myself there's little point.

·
Registered
521 Posts
You're right Bumpkin, but even when u use the TV as a Hub for helmet and iPhone it will not work properly.
Trying to hear some music from the iPhone thru the TV Hub to the helmet, will interrupt al the time. Same whit a Phone call. MV needs to give a bit more attention to the BT Hub at the Turismo Veloce. But unfortunately this will take some time. They have a lot of other things to do at the moment !!:ahhh:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had exactly the same problems with connectivity on the 2015 MTS S I owned. Next generation of bikes might get it right. Unfortunately, with the TVL, you need it to get the suspension sorted, unless you happen to be within their expected weight range (which I'm not).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys, I'll have a pop at playing with it again this weekend but I agree using the TV as a BT hub just doesn't work at the mo. Evil Steve has hit the nail on the head re the suspension settings, that's the sole reason I want to link it up as you can't do it through the on bike menus.

·
Registered
521 Posts
:)well I will try it tomorrow to connect my iPhone with the TVL I will write it down for u how to get in contact with the Italian Lady:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brill, Cheers Gero HH.

I'm off up to Scotland on Monday eve for a weeks riding so I would love to be able to get this to work before I go.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi JB8,

so ... first off all I've tried it a couple off times an it was working fine for me!!
Just do it exactly as the description below :)

make sure that u have on your iPhone under
SETTINGS - BLUETOOTH
nothing from MV in!! Otherwise klick on the i and klick on FORGET THIS DEVICE
at the TVL go SETTINGS MENU
go to BLUETOOTH
BT STATE = ON
go to OPTION... then
DELETE ALL - YES
go to your iPhone to
SETTINGS - BLUETOOTH and leave it there
at the TVL press
SEARCH DEVICES
your iPhone will come up on the TVL screen! wait until the dots are stopping
go to your "iPhoneName" and press OK
it will come up with
DEVICE TYPE - press OK
press OK on "Phone"
DRIVER SET - press OK
DRIVER 1 - press OK
CONFIRM - press OK
on the iPhone it is asking for a Pin type 0000 (4 times zero)
and than press on the top "PAIR"
exit the TVL Menu

and you've done!!

Now you can start the MV App and have fun :)))))

As I said I've done this a few times and it was working every time.

Let me know that u are successful.....

Cheers

Gero

·
Registered
99 Posts
My Ipad and Ipod worked on the TV Bluetooth up to a week or so ago. Now they will not pair! Wonder if its one of the latest Apple updates that has stuffed it up?

·
Registered
99 Posts
No I've got as well the latest updates iOS 9.3.2 and it work perfect !!
Managed to get it working again! My aim was to pair my Ipod with the TV so I can see the music title on the screen and skip songs in needed. If I can then pair my Ipod with the Sena bluetooth it should work. My Zumo is paired with the Sena.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got a response from MV regarding the app
:
We are sorry, due to a technical issue the App is temporary unavailable on the Appstore.
Our technicians are working in order to solve this issue in the fastest possible way.

They are also preparing a small guide which shows the correct procedure to connect the telephone to the dashboard of the Turismo Veloce Lusso, if you agree we will forward the guide to your e-mail address as soon as it is ready.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Managed to get it working again! My aim was to pair my Ipod with the TV so I can see the music title on the screen and skip songs in needed. If I can then pair my Ipod with the Sena bluetooth it should work. My Zumo is paired with the Sena.
I have a non Lusso, and have my Phone and Zumo paired with the TV Dashboard and the Sena Headset is paired with the Dashboard as well. Works fairly well, and allows me to skip, play pause and can see the tittle playing on the Dashboard. The Application is however totally useless for non Lusso model (GPS tracker was supposed to be proposed in option but that never happened, and not sure the application will evolve).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts