MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me recommend without reservation Kriega luggage. 100% waterproof and a very trick mounting system.

You get subframe straps that you wrap around the subframe, and then these normally hide under your pillion pad, but when you need them, the luggage just clips to it.

Ive not toured yet on my F3 - am waiting till I get my sidestand shortened, as I don't want the bike to fall over outside a hotel somewhere - so I have no pics aboard the F3, although the straps are in place ready to go.

Here is a pic of the luggage aboard my RVF on a 1000mile 3 day tour in April 2015.

I bungied my waterproofs to the top of the kriega kit.

I have no connection with kriega, nor any suppliers of it, I am just a very happy customer.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'm in the lookout for soft-luggage, saddle bag/tail bag.
Do you utilize/recommend any on-line shop?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the lookout for soft-luggage, saddle bag/tail bag.
Do you utilize/recommend any on-line shop?
I dont wish to annoy the forum sponsors. I bought mine from a retailer in the UK that gave me a 10% discount - I cant comment on Spanish retailers though.

I got a US30, it is plenty big enough for 2 week's touring. 100% waterproof - and after 15000miles of fun, it still looks new.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I dont wish to annoy the forum sponsors. I bought mine from a retailer in the UK that gave me a 10% discount - I cant comment on Spanish retailers though.

I got a US30, it is plenty big enough for 2 week's touring. 100% waterproof - and after 15000miles of fun, it still looks new.
I understand. Have you ever tried wolfman?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, not sure the forum sponsors sell luggage. If they do, delete this post. Got mine from GetGeared in the uk.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Aren't we allowed to exchange information about motorcycle shops, our experiences, freely?
As long as we are not directly or indirectly involved in any way?

·
Super Moderator
23,079 Posts
Yes, yes you are.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have had a post removed when I gave a link to a 3rd party F3 part that is also available as OEM from site sponsors, but the 3rd party part was 2/3 the price.

·
Super Moderator
23,079 Posts
I have had a post removed when I gave a link to a 3rd party F3 part that is also available as OEM from site sponsors, but the 3rd party part was 2/3 the price.
That is unusual as there are many supplier of things MV.

Did you pick a supplier that is a shyster?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He posted on a thread where a Forum Sponsor was directly implicated Chuck.
To clarify then - and genuine Q, just to avoid tripping the forum rules (Im happy for whatever the rules are, the forum is free to me - so I have no complaints at all) : if I'd posted elsewhere here saying "hey, I've found this part - it is 2/3 price of OEM - here's a link - anyone know anything about it?" - would that have been ok?

Doesn't matter if I can't post that - like I say, not my forum - I wish to abide by the rules.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
To clarify then - and genuine Q, just to avoid tripping the forum rules (Im happy for whatever the rules are, the forum is free to me - so I have no complaints at all) : if I'd posted elsewhere here saying "hey, I've found this part - it is 2/3 price of OEM - here's a link - anyone know anything about it?" - would that have been ok?

Doesn't matter if I can't post that - like I say, not my forum - I wish to abide by the rules.
In general that is fine mate, it's common sense really, most of the time a link to a product is all that's needed, if you want to show or share a great service from another company, there is a specific section for this, which is shared by forum sponsors also.

The Forum sponsors pay a fee to be able to advertise and sell on this site, they also very often help develop certain parts specific to our brand, they are more often than not much more knowledgeable than most of the eBay only vendors or brand specific vendors, and are not ashamed to admit when wrong.

Therefore what you posted was reported as unfair towards the sponsors, hope you can see the logic behind that.:)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Kriega luggage is THE best. I've used my US20 on several different bikes for weeks away and it is always 100% waterproof and completely solid and stable on the bike even at silly speeds.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts