MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

First I will share some kudos to Evan and his crew at Grand Prix Motors in Houston. They were courteous, professional, knew their stuff on the MV Agusta bikes, and had no hesitation letting me ride the bike. First class and well done indeed! Some other dealers, in my experience, do not compare. The bathrooms were even clean.

First impressions of the B3 675: very pretty, very nice lines. My key goal on the visit: check out geometry--too tall (nope, good feet plant), too far forward (just fine, upright, similar to my Moto Guzzi V7R), nice and light (a key parameter)-- instruments were ok--I am so used to dials, but I could see them ok.

The ride was a short loop on choppy, crowded Houston inner loop streets: down Richmond, up to Westheimer, and loop back. Not much of a test of the bike, but it performed well in stop and go. A brief throttle twist was fun indeed, crisp shifting and smooth clutch, easy to find neutral: rattle rattle, but that is normal. My dangly bits are a bit scrunched due to the bucket type saddle-- V7R has cushy low gel seat. Rear shock bottomed on a manhole divit...not impressed with the 675 shocks.

I went from interested to very interested. Evan also offered a ride on the B3 800 Dragster. The more I looked at the D model the more I liked: nifty rear LED brakes, and when I sat on it: a bit lower and a better fit for me. Adjustable bars too, very nice indeed. Not a bit fan of the silver grey--does it come in other dress I wonder? Hmmm.

No rush here, I am 60 and patient. What happens next is some time passes and Evan thinks about a trade, etc. And I give it a serious ponder. In a couple of weeks I may go in and ride the Dragster 800 and then ride my V7R home again. The comparos are very, very interesting.

I can tell you the Guzzi V7R small block, when broken in like mine, and sorted out by an expert dealer is a hell of a fun bike! Like most riders I am very calibrated to my current ride.

Bottom line: is it more fun to ride a slow bike fast, or a fast bike slow? Throttle control is crucial with the Agusta ride by wire. Handling was stellar except for rear shocks. Is it worth the money for modern ABS brakes, the traction control, and that superb Agusta triple engine? Yep, the power is fun, no doubt. Guzzi makes no comparable bike except the Griso, and it is very heavy, and no ABS. Don't like the Triumph STR Klingon Warbird much. A Ducati Monster 795 ABS might check the same boxes? Dunno.

I will attempt to attach some pictures. All thoughts welcomed. I had a lot of fun, and thanks again to Grand Prix Motoring in Houston.

Lucydad

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice !

Remember, before riding home on a B3 675, try a B800 or a Dragster.
Just to feel the difference in power and shock adjustment.

Have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts