MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a paddock stand, for MV's, does anyone know where I can get one simillar to the one in this pic, second hand or new
I used advanced search nothing came up, design course has one kind of same but very expensive

looking to buy ideally in UK.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
^^^

Good call, Edward. If I were SAROY I'd be ordering that in a flash. You guys have all the good stuff!

However, for @SAROY 's info, shipping will cost around £80.00 and there might be customs. I learnt this when I recently purchased and imported a Pit Bull 'single arm' stand.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
^^^

Good call, Edward. If I were SAROY I'd be ordering that in a flash. You guys have all the good stuff!

However, for @SAROY 's info, shipping will cost around £80.00 and there might be customs. I learnt this when I recently purchased and imported a Pit Bull 'single arm' stand.
the stand I looked at from Design Course was £400+, although it did look amazing quality.

The basic one I bought from you nigel does the job for all MV's, just wanted something specual for the Pirelli

Attachments

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
?

The reason you DON'T want a stand with a loop handle ......it only works on the sprocket side for changing tires,
You can't service the sprocket/cush drive, which you need to on the criples
You might want to take a picture of a black bike and black stand with a light background......so we can see it :wink2:

The most functional stand is the T-Rex, has a reversible handle so you won't trip on it and a retention bolt so you can warm the bike
on the stand......it's cheaper than the PitBull too :grin2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
+1 for the T-Rex stand. Very well made and easy to use on either side of the bike.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Or if youre dropping 500 doubloons anyways, get a Bursig. Not an aesthetic piece but at that point you can roll it around the garage with nothing but a frame/engine in place if you wanted to..

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Or if youre dropping 500 doubloons anyways, get a Bursig. Not an aesthetic piece but at that point you can roll it around the garage with nothing but a frame/engine in place if you wanted to..
+1 If you’re not just using it for display. The bursig style stands are amazing for working on the bike, and invaluable for tear down all the way to the frame

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Abba is another lift. My fav...
True, but they're a pain in the butt and nowhere near the practical, timeless operation of a single-sided axle stand. (For clarification, I do have an ABBA Superbike Stand with both MV and Honda fittings, and a Pit Pull for the MV. I view the ABBA as more of a permanent/maintenance stand rather than one for short-term usage.:wink2:)

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
True, but they're a pain in the butt and nowhere near the practical, timeless operation of a single-sided axle stand. (For clarification, I do have an ABBA Superbike Stand with both MV and Honda fittings, and a Pit Pull for the MV. I view the ABBA as more of a permanent/maintenance stand rather than one for short-term usage.:wink2:)
Interesting... This video describes the Abba Sky Lift operation. It would certainly be great for shop work.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
That is why I stuck with the Bursig. The ABBA is a bit more of a faff for just storing the bike, better for working on it though. But the bursig is, in my opinion, easier than a axle stand and has the added benefit of getting both wheels off of the ground at the same time and making the bike easier to move around.

Being said I also have a swingarm stand as well, I use it for cleaning, etc.

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
And there you have it !!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The one in your (SAROY) pic is available from MV themselves. Or atleast that is what I was told by MV here in Aus. Ask a dealer. They are not cheap though.... They were asking about 1000-1200AUD. Can't quite remember now.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Try this abba stand - i use the normal through the hub for storage/wheels changes - but this for any other work

Put bike on normal through the hub rear stand then fit this, then you have full access to bike - allows you setup ride height on older F4 etc as well as servicing rear shock etc etc

1 - 20 of 20 Posts