MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, but I think you also need the adapter/mounting kit from Spiegler for the Brutale, which is another $40 or so. I have them on my Brutale; they look great and were easy to mount.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Yeah, you need the crash pads and the mounting kit, I also like the look, but I must warn you after I bought them I learned that sliders mounted to the engine with one bolt can potentially strip the threads on the block, BUT I will also say that my bike tipped over in the garage once and the frame slider prevented any damage except for the brake toe peg, and the slider is no worse for it. Plus, there is a product that can repair the threads, if heaven forbid, you ever crash hard enough to rip the slider out (heli-coils).

·
Registered
126 Posts
fazer6,
I knew of the direct bolt issue prior to buying and still bought them because 1) lord forbid I crash but if I do crash I want the most frame slider protection available for my legs and bike components even if it strips an engine thread, 2) it looks great while providing the most "tip over protection" and "slide" protection compared to the other metal "plug in" sliders available, 3) the engine threads can be repaired, although I find it unlikely they would be damaged, but if you grind the the frame the bike is TOTALED, and 4) the LSL pads are metal or carbon and actually slide versus competing nylon/rubber products that may "stick" or "grab" when sliding. It is all just preference really but that is my rationale for the LSL purchase.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
jmrudnicki said:
fazer6,
I knew of the direct bolt issue prior to buying and still bought them because 1) lord forbid I crash but if I do crash I want the most frame slider protection available for my legs and bike components even if it strips an engine thread, 2) it looks great while providing the most "tip over protection" and "slide" protection compared to the other metal "plug in" sliders available, 3) the engine threads can be repaired, although I find it unlikely they would be damaged, but if you grind the the frame the bike is TOTALED, and 4) the LSL pads are metal or carbon and actually slide versus competing nylon/rubber products that may "stick" or "grab" when sliding. It is all just preference really but that is my rationale for the LSL purchase.
I agree with you completely, I just wanted to make sure that others knew my endorsement came with a warning.
I think there are other nylon sliders out there that offer better protection, but at the cost of ruining the look of the bike (I do think they would be a good thing on the track, however).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts