MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
The feet can be smaller or reversed but works for me. Also the solid rod adds a little to weight, though I'm not concerned about that either. That is obviously the shortest setting.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Bicycle chain Wood Rim

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yesterday, I installed the 35mm Lust lowering links on my 2019 TVL SCS. After a 16 day ride, I decided that I just had to get closer to the pavement. I can now plant my feet firmly on the ground. Far more confidence now.

There have been a number of reports of people installing lowering links. I would like to provide a bit more information on how this is done.
1. This procedure can be done on the center stand, no problem.
2. You have to remove the exhaust. There are three fastening points, it's a slip fit and relatively easy to do. No need to remove the rear wheel.
3. Remove the two bolts on the links. It helps to have someone lift the wheel so you can remove the old link bolts and install the new ones.
That's it.

The Lust installation sheet claims that you do not have to lower the forks as well. They say straight line tracking improves and it's a bit harder to steer into turns. However, to maintain factory neutral specs, Lust recommends lowering the front forks 15mm for a 35mm link. That's what I did. Once again I did this on the center stand.
1. Loosen the two bolts on the lower fork tree clamp and the one bolt on the upper clamp. Do this one at a time.
2. The tube will immediately slide. I marked both lower forks at exactly 15mm and reclamped at that point. I was able to do this without removing any of the fairing.

That's it. 90 minutes start to finish.

The stock kick stand stands the bike a little bit straighter. I always thought the bike leaned too far anyway. I am quite happy with the angle. The center stand, on the other hand, is now a real handful. It can be done but it ain't easy. I have studied the fit extensively. I have a plan on how to modify it so it's more manageable. It's going to require extensive cutting, grinding, and welding. Another day.

As far as handling? I can't tell the difference. I am 72 years old, 5'10", and 185 lbs. I usually load the bike to the limit for long, long road trips. I am not a pro road racer and I don't drag pegs but I do run the machine hard and fast. Feels fine.
I must say it’s somewhat of a relief to hear about a gentleman in his 70’s still riding a MVTV, and that the lowering kit was so successful. I’m of a mind to fo the same with my 2016 as she’s stunning to look at as well as ride. Saying that I do need to change the OE tyres as they are not confidence inspiring until they really warm up. Thanks for your update and a link to the place you bought your kit from would be appreciated. Kind regards John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Paddock stand arrived today, already in use.
So now it was possible to test center and side stand.
Since my bike is lowered 30mm, the senter stand needs to be changed to work safely. It is the lower part to change, so the rubber button hits the right place on the exhaust.
With limited space, it can not be cut more than 10 mm whitout cutting the side stand too.
So far I just removed the senter stand and use paddock stand when parked in the garage.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Update on my Lust 35mm lowering project. I'm still quite happy with the handling. I've had a chance to do a couple of rides, one in Touring mode for 1K miles and another in Sport mode for 300+ miles.

What I have discovered:
1. I still can't really tell the difference in handling. 🤔
2. Stock TVL side stand is too long. Exchanged it for the Brutale unit. That works.😃
3. Modified the center stand to work with the lowered suspension. Unfortunately, it bottoms out everywhere. Removed it. I did a 6K+ mile trip this summer and never once used the center stand. Bye-bye.🤪
4. I have to keep my boots tucked in now. Bike is definitely lower to the ground and I have dragged my feet more than once. 😶

Link to the Lust web site.

[/URL]

21 - 25 of 25 Posts