MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak, 2017 XDiavel, 2020 TVS Lusso scs
Discussion Starter #1
Thought that I'd share my experience with the installation of the Lust 35mm dog bone suspension links. First off I'd like to say thank you to a forum member , Evomoto (Allen) for hooking me up with an extra pair of the links that he had for a really good price. Sent them straight away as well, so thank you Allen. I was able to manage the install with the bike on the center stand and without removing the bread box (resonator) or the rear wheel. Granted it would have been easier to do with either of those items out of the way, but I'm stubborn that way. I also installed a side stand from a Brutale (about 1" shorter) that I found on Ebay. I learned about the side stand trick from this forum as well, so thank you salt of the earth geezers馃槈. This project was SO well worth doing (for me) IMO. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam and was not feeling very confident with this bike. Way better now. I have the lowered seat on order too but honestly I could get by without it. I'll attach some pics for y'all. I took a before and after while trying to hold a tape measure next to the bike to show the difference in seat height. It was a little tough to try and hold the bike as vertical as possible while holding the tape, the phone, and not tip the bike over, lol. Anyway, looks like it dropped the seat height by an inch and a half. Sorry for the Americano measurements Metric folks, I know your way is better, but Americano is what I grew up with馃槈. Almost forgot, I also slid the forks up 3/4 of an inch, I was anxious go go for a ride at that point and didn't measure the bikes height after I did that. The one pic that has the bike on the center stand shows how much space is now under the rear wheel. Doubt that I'll be able to heft it onto the center stand now. Planning on loosing the center stand anyway as soon as my new HP Course TRE gets here. No more bread box and no more center stand, woo hoo!
IMG_20210219_105244178.jpg
IMG_20210219_123135584.jpg
IMG_20210218_143640643.jpg
IMG_20210219_123208970.jpg
IMG_20210219_123012642.jpg
IMG_20210219_123654265.jpg
IMG_20210219_130749068.jpg
IMG_20210219_131134094.jpg

Registered
Hi, did mine using the same Lusso links. Actually when I got a new rear tyre the shop did it for me!! Lowered the forks as well and just gauging it to see how far to go - by looking at the tank line and keeping it level. It seems ok but need to have more of a proper ride. Lockdown in UK has scuppered the last few months. I've a 31 inch inside leg and definitely it's an improvement. Will the lowering help make it more stable at slower speeds? A dropped c of g? It felt a bit tippy before in slow maneuvers.See what it's like soon.

Registered
2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak, 2017 XDiavel, 2020 TVS Lusso scs
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, did mine using the same Lusso links. Actually when I got a new rear tyre the shop did it for me!! Lowered the forks as well and just gauging it to see how far to go - by looking at the tank line and keeping it level. It seems ok but need to have more of a proper ride. Lockdown in UK has scuppered the last few months. I've a 31 inch inside leg and definitely it's an improvement. Will the lowering help make it more stable at slower speeds? A dropped c of g? It felt a bit tippy before in slow maneuvers.See what it's like soon.
I've only had the Girlfriend (TV) for a few hundred miles and it is a lighter more nimble ride than my Wife (Multistrada) so It's hard for me to say (I can't tell any difference) if the geometry has changed much if any and that it handles any different than before the lowering. I can tell you for sure that my confidence level has gone up and that makes the ride all that more enjoyable. Hope that you are able to get out and ride soon. F**k this Corona virus, it can't be mitigated soon enough!

Registered
Were not all old! I'm glad this helped you. I'm 6ft 2in so I wouldn't dream of lowering it. Plus I wonder what it will be like in the corners. Hopefully your not scraping pegs too hard. Ditching the center stand will definitely help you gain some ground clearance in the corners.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Registered
The centre stand was much too heavy to pull up especially with the panniers and touring back pack. Seemed to me the angles for the leverage were mis thought out. So with the lowering it obviously made it totally useless so it's been taken off!! Original side stand is ok as the lean angle is not too upright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts