MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my '13 1090. THere is a heat shield that covers the exhaust valve found on the belly by the rear brake.

It just literally fell off while i was riding.. well, i heard it dragging on the ground, then stopped to look at it, then went to pry it back up and it was so fragile it broke -- the tinny sheet metal snapped around the lower fasteners.

Seems like an odd failure.. was wondering if it has happened to anyone else.. my bike only has 3k miles on it and is very well kept. Was planning on stopping by the dealer to make a warranty claim.

On the subject of warranty claims -- the warranty booklet says the factory warranty isnt valid unless you fill out and mail in the warranty card.. cant imagine too many people actually do that.. and id assume a dealer "marks" the vehicle sold to establish an "in service date." Anyone actually send their card in?

·
Registered
465 Posts
You better believe I sent my warranty card back after spending $18K . I don't want to give anyone an excuse not to offer service. I never had anything like that fall off my bike yet, but I usually go over it every so often and re tighten things .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts