MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to add this in a couple of days, but as Mr Quacker998 has recently asked the question I thought a post now more topical. I know he said apart from Monster bars.

The bars are S4r/S2r with Rizoma bar end mirrors and bar ends.

No problem installing apart from me measuring everything six times over. I had to drill a couple of small recesses in the S4r bars to take switch gear locator pins, I did not bother with the lever/reservoir clamps.

All in all very pleased with the look and feel.

Apologies for the picture quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous! I was looking into clip ons for mine but they would be too aggressive and probably run into tank clearence issues, those in the other hand, are perfect! Great job!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for posting the pictures. How much wider are they compared to the stock bars? Did you cut them at all?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Danstoppable, La Rossa, ofnoe, gusmiami and quacker998

Thanks for your comments.

To answer your questions;

Lock clearance is cutting it fine. I've added a 1mm felt pad to the lock stop to ensure the indicator switch does not hit the air intake plastics whilst doing the car park shuffle.

Bars, from memory, are about the same length. Initially i thought i would cut off 15mm from the ends, but needed this as i have mounted the mirrors directly to the bars. Rizoma say use their bar ends. I didn't find this satisfactory.

I did have a quick look at the suburban machinery bars, but thought there may be an issue with the switch gear and reservoirs clearing the clocks.

As a foot note. I have been thinking of doing this little mod for some time, but always putting it on the back burner. The kick start was getting back on the track. I had taken my bike on track with the stock bars, but was not over happy with how i felt, i felt as if i was perched on the bike. With this set-up i feel a little more part of the bike and it feels a little more planted at the front end, but that's just me.

Best Regards

Si.

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
Lock clearance is cutting it fine. I've added a 1mm felt pad to the lock stop to ensure the indicator switch does not hit the air intake plastics whilst doing the car park shuffle.
You may be interested to know that the F4 steering stop has a smaller turn radius then the Brutale. That would be an easy bolt on mod and the part is not very expensive.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Best Regards

Si.

Great to see your result Skipper, looks great, can only imagine what it does to riding!:mouthwate

One thing: Can you still lock your steering lock?

/Thomas

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Suburban Machinery bars fit fine , the brake line and clutch line are a little long . Shortening the stops is necessary by the thickness of a wheel weight to keep the left switches away from the tank . They should work fine with a 910 or 910R , 750's need to move the forks down in the triple clamps .

·
Registered
867 Posts
hey guy's Lucky13 have you seen a set of these Suburban bars fitted to Brute? I do like the style of them but wanted to see a pair fitted first before parting with hard earned.

Oh yeah Skipper, bike looks top, mine will soon look something like it albeit maybe different bar end mirrors havent made my mind up yet on those yet, but from what we've talked about they sound like they do the job very well, if you have a decent picture of you at the track you could post that here as well, and if ya knee isnt down i'm going to give you hell!!!!!

J

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the Suburban Machinery bars on my Brutale , I'm fitting the S4RS bars this weekeend to see the difference and which I like more . I'll try to take some pictures and post them .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Esq'z me, the_thomas, lucky13 and Sydney 910R

Thank you for your comments.

I will look into the f4 steering stops.

I was at the track again this weekend and for me it has made an improvement.

Lucky13, i bet you end up keeping the S4r bars on. would like to know your opinion.

Hey Sydney (cracks me up just typing that) I reckon you will prefer the lower/straighter bars. tweeked the mirrors on the way back from Pasir Gudang and have got used to them being where they are. Vision is good, but there is a very slight buzz, no where near the stock ones. I'll put a pic up here when i get one, next week hopefully as Ton should be along for timing and piccy duties.

TTFN

Si.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually I took them back off and reinstalled the Suburban bars . The S4RS bars are better than stock , but the Sub Mach bars are lower , farther forward , and a little more drop .

·
Registered
415 Posts
Actually I took them back off and reinstalled the Suburban bars . The S4RS bars are better than stock , but the Sub Mach bars are lower , farther forward , and a little more drop .
This is interesting!
You mentioned that you would take some pictures..?:stickpoke :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Was going to add this in a couple of days, but as Mr Quacker998 has recently asked the question I thought a post now more topical. I know he said apart from Monster bars.

The bars are S4r/S2r with Rizoma bar end mirrors and bar ends.

No problem installing apart from me measuring everything six times over. I had to drill a couple of small recesses in the S4r bars to take switch gear locator pins, I did not bother with the lever/reservoir clamps.

All in all very pleased with the look and feel.

Apologies for the picture quality.

Is there any chance you would be able to tell me how much lower the bars are with that set up compared to the stock ones?
Much appreciated!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
La Rossa

No problem. The bike is in the workshop at the moment, pick it up later today or first thing tomorrow. I'll have a look and try and find an easy point of reference.

Si.

·
Registered
235 Posts
La Rossa

No problem. The bike is in the workshop at the moment, pick it up later today or first thing tomorrow. I'll have a look and try and find an easy point of reference.

Si.
Much appreciated! If you can measure from the floor to the bottom of the bar end it would be all I really need. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts