MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do people find the stock low speed turning radius of the F4?

I've currently got FBF bar risers fitted (they came with the bike) and they foul the front fairing when you use them which results in the low speed turning radius of a bus. I'm thinking of taking them off at the next service to get some turning lock back?

What are people's thoughts? Anyone out there experienced this and come up with a solution?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Hi Troz,

Good to see you found your way here. Are you back in the ACT full time or are you still doing some work here in dreaded S.A. :stickpoke :laughing: .

Hows that beautiful SPR going?

I finally got an F4 :guitarist a few weeks back. Sorry I can't help with your question though I think this may have come up in the past.

Go to the links and have a look at MV FAQ the is a no cost solution for bar raising which may solve your problem or at least give you an alternative.

What exactly is hitting the fairing?

And Welcome!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah permanently in the ACT these days. Brindabella's are fun but not as technical or as long as the Adelaide Hills though that can be a good/bad thing. On the bad side their not as long but on the plus side there's fewer of the f**k up and die type of 90 degree off camber corners that are hidden by the crest of hills.

Took me a while to find this site since mvagustaf4.com shut down. Good to hear you finally got it. Get the RG3s?

Essentially the bars themselves were fouling the fairing. Had a bit of a tinker and I've got the risers fitted now so that they are as low (oh the irony...) as they can go so that its only my gloves smacking the fairing at about 2/3rds lock. Pain in the rear when you need to do so low speed maneouvring. I couldn't imagine trying low speed figure 8s etc like they get you to do on your basic Ls/Ps course.

How do people find the standard fitting of the F4 bars and the ability to get enough lock to do all the low speed stuff on trainig courses?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Troz

I think there have been some earlier threads on this subject, but as you will know, the turning circle is pretty crap, even for a sports bike. The F4 1000 is slightly better than the 750's but it's still pretty dire. Low speed off's when turning in a car park or in a narrow street are always a problem. I think discretion is the better part of valour on this point and I tend to get off the bike and manoeuver it round, 3 point turn style rather than risk dropping it at 2 mph and looking a complete prat. If you've already got the bar risers I don't think there's much else you can do. :bawling:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
No RG3'3 but the original owner had the standard pipes RG3 modified by an interstate company (not sure what that means...maybe just cored but I'm going to see if I can find out) with chip and has been mapped.

Mines a 1000 which is not quite as low as the SPR and I find it comfortable enough. The 750's have the problem with full lock chrushing your thumbs which was rectified on the 1000 but I don't know if this was a problem with the SPR.

I've never done a rider test with the cones but on the F4 I would imagine it tough going getting around if it's a tight course. I have no problems with the turning circle...it could be better but for a flat out sports bike it's fine.

Faced with that sort of test I'd be looking to borrow a bike. :toothless

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i have a 1k...

so, i guess it's not as much of a problem as compared to the 750's. you should put 1k clip-ons on that 750.

my only gripe is that the bike is heavy and the low-rpm metering on mine isn't very good (i have to sort that out yet) so it's kinda of a pita.

but i've not really noticed the radius being unusually large.

alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts