MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready pick up my '13 1090RR this week and was wanted to ask about what others have done to address what I perceived to be a slight fueling issue at low speeds. Are there map updates for 2013 that address this? Or, can it be dyno'd and remapped? I found some posts on the Microtec ECU so I'm wondering if that's the only solution. I'm not really concerned about adding power at this point - just want the bike to run properly.

Thanks for any advice and input.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ride it first. I think you will find it is much better than the Duc for throttle transition.
The biggest improvement I found was to have the throttle cables adjusted properly, I found that the return cable was way loose. Once adjusted the difference was amazing.
I also found a difference when I packed the rubber cushions on the sprocket carrier to remove all play and let the rubber do it's job.
Do not be tempted to over tighten the chain.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent - thanks Revhead. That's the kind of counsel I was looking for. Small world - I was in Brisbane last week on business - rained like a mofo! Really nice downtown - lots of cafés and small shops.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
That was only light showers!
If you are in town again and have some spare time, let us know so we can catch up for an ale or caffeine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Excellent - thanks Revhead. That's the kind of counsel I was looking for. Small world - I was in Brisbane last week on business - rained like a mofo! Really nice downtown - lots of cafés and small shops.
I just bought a 2011 version of yours with 2400 km. on the clock. Love the bike but the same issue. Did that seem to do the trick?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought a 2011 version of yours with 2400 km. on the clock. Love the bike but the same issue. Did that seem to do the trick?
I picked up the bike on Tuesday night and other than the test ride I haven't been able to put any additional miles on it - so - no - I haven't had a chance to play around with anything. I'll put some miles on it and let things break in just before I start trying to diagnose anything. I know the bike is geared 'short' to keep revs up to get more torque so I wonder if that could be part of the issue - and curious if anyone has changed gearing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I remember early on I thought the throttle was really snatchy, took a while but now my wrist is calibrated i don't even notice. The only drawback is every other bike I've ridden since feels flat & gutless now!

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
I remember early on I thought the throttle was really snatchy, took a while but now my wrist is calibrated i don't even notice. The only drawback is every other bike I've ridden since feels flat & gutless now!
Onya **** :f4::brutale: :yo:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to check throttle body balance and ignition timing first and then go from there.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I recently had this experience - I demoed a Brutale 800 and I couldn't get used to the throttle feel. It felt so disconnected. And I know people love the 800, so I know it is probably that I have gotten so used to my 910R (all stock). On my bike, the connection between the throttle and the engine is so intimate that it takes fine movements of the throttle to ride smoothly and I've gotten so used to it that I don't really notice just how sensitive it is until I get on another bike. Most people and magazine editors call it snatchy, which I totally understand. However, now that I've learned to work with it, other bikes feel "gutless".

·
Registered
673 Posts
ditto them....my wrist adjusts accordingly between my MV and my butter smooth CBR1000RR, with 155hp to the rear does not feel gutless but I concur that it's just different. You either love it or learn to love it. If you figure out how to smooth things out a bit let me know.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The fueling issue is definitely limited to around town riding - I didn't notice any issues at all on our canyon ride yesterday. Also, as a few of you have pointed out - you do quickly 'tune' your wrist and on my ride back home yesterday I was a lot smoother.

Thanks for all of the input. Love the bike. Will make sure the TPS is balanced and the ignition timing is set correctly and I'll probably end up leaving well enough alone. After all, I bought it for riding canyons not commuting to work! (Although it sure is a pretty sight sitting outside my office window)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I recently had this experience - I demoed a Brutale 800 and I couldn't get used to the throttle feel. It felt so disconnected. And I know people love the 800, so I know it is probably that I have gotten so used to my 910R (all stock). On my bike, the connection between the throttle and the engine is so intimate that it takes fine movements of the throttle to ride smoothly and I've gotten so used to it that I don't really notice just how sensitive it is until I get on another bike. Most people and magazine editors call it snatchy, which I totally understand. However, now that I've learned to work with it, other bikes feel "gutless".
+1 on my test ride. I don't know what the hell the magazines are talking about.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Has anyone tried a G2 throttle tube to see if help smooth things out. Bike has been in the shop sense last November. Have the back now and hope to install the G2 over the weekend

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
took the 1090 to Brian and the crew at Boulder Motorsports who are well known as THE Ducati shop in these parts. He adjusted the sloppy throttle cable and balanced the throttle bodies. Problem solved. Love the bike even more.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ride it first. I think you will find it is much better than the Duc for throttle transition.
The biggest improvement I found was to have the throttle cables adjusted properly, I found that the return cable was way loose. Once adjusted the difference was amazing.
I also found a difference when I packed the rubber cushions on the sprocket carrier to remove all play and let the rubber do it's job.
Do not be tempted to over tighten the chain.
Revhead - forgot to thank you for the throttle cable tip - simple solution!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts