MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Well 5 years of ownership and I finally put her down. 10-15 mile per hour low side one day before my frame sliders showed up. What are your thoughts? Any universal part I could use for the rear brake pedal? The MV ones seem way too expensive.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Why did you go down? Are your leathers ripped? Did you have to toss any of your gear? :cry:

I wear a Klim jacket that is torn a bit to remind me to be look in my rear view mirror at stop lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why did you go down? Are your leathers ripped? Did you have to toss any of your gear?

I wear a Klim jacket that is torn a bit to remind me to be look in my rear view mirror at stop lights.
It was very low speed. Progressively tighter turn, it happened so quickly. If I had to guess I tapped the back brake and went into a skid.

I was in full leathers. Scrapped up but ok. Gloves are destroyed. I came out without a scratch.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Wow, gloves destroyed.

Glad you are ok. I hear people talking about never or rarely using the back brake and I guess this is why. I am not the best in turns and could probably use some professional instruction. It may be because of my dirt bike riding.

I have pressed hard on both brakes twice on a straight stop. Once probably saved my life. As far I know the MV ABS worked great and the rear did not bounce or noticeably vibrate.

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
Sorry to hear (and see) this.... Crashing sucks no matter what speed. At least you had good sacrificial gloves. Much less expensive than the hospital and less painful than growing new skin.

You have some nasty scrapes there. Insurance??? They will total the bike from scrapes on the frame and engine cases (even though a good auto body shop can make those marks disappear..ask me how I know! :rolleyes:).

The lever peg and rubber is all you need. Not that costly relative to other things. Unfortunately, that's the bit always ruined so finding used ones is difficult. Pretty sure all the MV's use the same lever pegs.

Or you could just grind off the burr, wrap it with some rubber and safety wire it up......Going "Rat Bike" or want to make her pretty again? :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the thing the bike it totally fine. I'll probably continue to ride her as is plus brake lever repair. Maybe do some touch up here and there. But yea they will total it based on the frame damage.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
What a shame, feel for you.

Sourcing used parts to replace those easily crash damaged is bad enough for common bikes, for an MV it's going to be akin to the holy grail. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
Sorry about the drop...which Brutale?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's my 1090RR. The OEM parts are almost totally out of the picture. Way too expensive for what they are. Just got her running after all that TPS reset issues any everything.

·
Registered
7,772 Posts
If the insurance totals it, most will give you the option of purchasing it back from them before they even cut you a check. Mine did and I was able to purchase her back for less than the cost of the front wheel. I did get a different frame so I could insure her again.

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
I'd venture that through this forum, and sites like EBAY, you can rebuild her in her own image with less outlay than you expect.

·
Registered
69 Posts
EBay is your friend - I put back my F4 after a 60mph slide and it wasn't difficult.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts