MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i was going through a turn up in the canyons and there was some dirt on the road. my rear end slipped right out from under me and we (the bike and i) slid for a bit. didn't sustain too much damage, but my right foot peg did break off.

i'm hoping anyone here might have some suggestions where to find a stock replacement, or maybe someone has an old one they would sell me. i dont have the money to buy all new rearsets at the moment. the other parts i need i think i can find on my own.

im in the U.S., state of California.

thanks in advance for any help given. watch out for dirt! :shitfan:

·
Registered
560 Posts
TC isnt going to do much if theres something between you and the road. That would be like getting angry that the TC didnt let you get your knee down when the road was covered in ice. Its never going to save you from an instant loss in traction due to driving on a different medium. Keep in mind the TC measures front and rear wheel speed as well as lean angle (I've heard debates as to whether the MV system uses a lean angle sensor but I have reference to it on my bike) and adjusts throttle input when you exceed the mechanical grip offered by the rear wheel. If the amount of potential grip suddenly changes (going from rubber to asphalt to rubber to dirt) then the compensation offered by the TC system isnt going to be high enough to overcome the new scenario. Think of it like this:
If you break the rear loose on the road and you chop the throttle what happens? You have a highside. If you go off the road and the rear is sliding in the dirt and you chop the throttle what happens? You keep sliding and dont highside. When you think about it chopping the throttle is the most ambitious attempt at regaining traction. Its so ambitious that it causes an instantaneous regain of traction that it vaults you off the other side of the bike. If the most ambitious attempt at regaining traction wont help you when you hit dirt then theres nothing TC is going to do in that situation.

To the OP...shoot a message over to ZAGRacing. They have an F3 that has been converted into a race bike and have expressed enough generosity to potentially sell their replaced parts. Last I checked the F3 and B3 rearsets were identical.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I thought the TC worked off the crank and a rear wheel sensor, mine doesn't have a sensor on the front wheel being a none ABS model?

Anyhow, glad the op is ok and hopefully you can find the bits your looking for? You could try looking for just aftermarket replacement pegs or is it the bracket that bolts to the frame that has snapped?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I thought the TC worked off the crank and a rear wheel sensor, mine doesn't have a sensor on the front wheel being a none ABS model?
Youre right with the sensors. I forgot that only the ABS models have the front wheel speed sensor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It was on, but only set to number 2. I think I had the bike leaned over pretty far for that 180 tire anyway, especially with the road condition, so I don't think the TC could have prevented its happening. I should have been playing it safer. Live and learn

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok, so a HUGE thanks goes out to grandegixxer for hooking me up with his complete oem rearset. I really appreciate it. What a good dude. And thank you all for your replies. I should be back at it come this weekend!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, and yes, ackers, one of the hinge points on the bracket where the pin goes through to hold the footpeg broke off, and the bracket bent out. I am SO thankful that it protected my QD exhaust from even touching the ground, though. I would have been really upset if that got damaged

1 - 10 of 10 Posts