MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a lot said about the high temperatures produced by the F4 but very little about low temps so i thought i would share this, went to stonehenge today, about 70miles down there, having had some boiling issues in the past i now automatically watch the guage, since having the microtec fitted it has not been an issue at all, today however it hit 67c, on the way back it went down to 57c, ambient temp was about 16/18c and i was sitting in 6th at 80mph and it was raining, is this normal should, i now be worried my F4 is getting all weird on me?

Feed back would be appreciated

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Mine doesn't drop below 70 C, so 57 does seem low, but I wouldn't worry too much. I think some of the guys in warmer climes would give their eye teeth for such running temps on their MV's

·
Registered
851 Posts
That can't be for real though surely....

OK so if you let it stand and idle does it reach sensible numbers - tried a thermometer on the rad to see if they are anywhere near the same?

·
Registered
890 Posts
i attributed it to the heavy rain. in all other conditions,
it runs very good with temperatures between 75-90 C,
and hitting a max of 95 C idling after pushing the bike
very hard.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seems an odd reaction to rain having ridden it late november and temperature remaining normal, guess ill keep an eye and see what occurs next time i get caught in the rain

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I kind have of the same. It needs to be well over 20c that the MV gets 80c. Temps below 15c makes difficult to reach the 70c and stays mostly between 60 and 65c. With those temps I tape a bit of the radiator and it runs fine.

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
low temp?

i think its because with the MicroTech Chris has got the motor running as it should

AND

the dash is reading the temp of the water in the radiator not the temp of the motor....so i'm tapping into 'M' plug with the wires from the 'R' plug ....p. E-41 in the manual
then the ECU will still be fueling off the motor (as it does stock), but the dash will be reading the motor temp, in this case at the thermostat rating

who cares what the temp of the radiator is?:stickpoke

:f4::brutale:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah cheers Noel.......................M..........................R....................plug........................................:moon:

i think its because with the MicroTech Chris has got the motor running as it should

AND

the dash is reading the temp of the water in the radiator not the temp of the motor....so i'm tapping into 'M' plug with the wires from the 'R' plug ....p. E-41 in the manual
then the ECU will still be fueling off the motor (as it does stock), but the dash will be reading the motor temp, in this case at the thermostat rating

who cares what the temp of the radiator is?:stickpoke

:f4::brutale:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts