MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first low fuel light yesterday. Right after it came on, I noticed what appeared to be some kind of counter appear just above the clock. When I first saw it, it was reading 80 and by the time I got home (6 miles or so), it was reading over 110. Has anyone else seen this and/or know what it means? I can't seem to find anything in the user's manual on it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got my first low fuel light yesterday. Right after it came on, I noticed what appeared to be some kind of counter appear just above the clock. When I first saw it, it was reading 80 and by the time I got home (6 miles or so), it was reading over 110. Has anyone else seen this and/or know what it means? I can't seem to find anything in the user's manual on it.
This is a counter, which occurs after the fuel light flashs up.
On my dashboard it starts with 0.0 , counts in "km.hm" - metric system ;-)

·
Registered
352 Posts
The counter shows the distance traveled in miles (for US bikes). It starts at 0.0miles and goes up until you refuel or go dry.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It would have been nicer to have a reverse counter, that would show how many more miles one can ride before you run out of gas. My BMW does that and it is really helpful when riding in the country where gas stations are far out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The counter shows the distance traveled in miles (for US bikes). It starts at 0.0miles and goes up until you refuel or go dry.
Thanks, I kind of suspected that, but the numbers didn't correlate with the trip meter. It was like this counter was still in metric since it was increasing much faster than the trip meter. I'll watch for again and see if I can determine what uniits it's really showing me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same experience yesterday. That counter jumped from 8 (miles?) to 33 in the span of less than 5 miles...I assumed/hoped it might be remaining range, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm still confused on this one...sorry. So, today the low fuel counter started at "3" when the fuel light came on and quickly rose to "37" in the span of about 2 miles and 5 minutes. It couldn't have been miles, time or KM...? Is anyone else's like this - or is mine an exception?

Any clarification is greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm still confused on this one...sorry. So, today the low fuel counter started at "3" when the fuel light came on and quickly rose to "37" in the span of about 2 miles and 5 minutes. It couldn't have been miles, time or KM...? Is anyone else's like this - or is mine an exception?

Any clarification is greatly appreciated...
It's hard to see but there is a tiny decimal point in there. So you would have seen 0.3 and within 2 miles or so it would have been 3.7

I can't speak for whether your bike is counting in tenths of miles or kilometers but on mine it's clearly metric. Although if you felt you covered about 2 miles then 3.7km would be it. I prefer the counting up from zero rather than an estimated random starting point that's never going to match your future consumption rate to run dry when the countdown reaches zero. Good on MV for realising such a counter would be futile.

As mentioned on my thread on tank range, I have ridden 40km on this counter requiring 14.5 litres to refill.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's hard to see but there is a tiny decimal point in there. So you would have seen 0.3 and within 2 miles or so it would have been 3.7

I can't speak for whether your bike is counting in tenths of miles or kilometers but on mine it's clearly metric. Although if you felt you covered about 2 miles then 3.7km would be it. I prefer the counting up from zero rather than an estimated random starting point that's never going to match your future consumption rate to run dry when the countdown reaches zero. Good on MV for realising such a counter would be futile.

As mentioned on my thread on tank range, I have ridden 40km on this counter requiring 14.5 litres to refill.
Thanks a ton, MV in NZ. I can't believe I missed that...I should return the bike for being such a noob.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks a ton, MV in NZ. I can't believe I missed that...I should return the bike for being such a noob.
The F3 display is a little bit cramped. I always find it difficult to read some of the smaller fonts, like time, reserve miles, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts