MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After managing 800 miles or so until winter hit, I can honestly say this is my favorite STREET bike. I've had lots of sport bikes, but none of them compare to this one on the street. I was skeptical of getting another Italian bike, after my last Ducati 999S. But, I am really loving this MV and it handles abuse with no problems! When I got it, it just had $1900 in service done to it including new Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa Pros, Yuasa battery, and the 7,500 mile service including valve adjustment and a bunch of gaskets replaced. I can now see what everyone says about it going through tires! These pics are after 41 miles around an industrial park by my house. I can't wait to see how it rides on the track next summer. About the only thing I want to upgrade is the steering damper. The stock one is useless and i'd like to fit an Ohlins if I can find one that works on the 1090's.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
A lot to love about that bike, I love mine. You also got a lot of extras added on there as well. Where's your mirrors?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately the previous owner took off the mirrors and installed a small CRG bar end mirror. I'm currently looking for a stock set to put back on. What extra's do you notice? I can only tell the exhaust, passenger seat cowl, rider seat, and fender eliminator? I got both MV accessory suede seats and both stock seats when I bought it. I'm not sure if the belly pan is stock or MV accessory? Any idea where to get an Ohlins steering damper for our bikes?

·
Registered
465 Posts
You must not have any front turn signals since the stock mirrors have those built in the RR. Rizoma makes nice replacement mirrors for your bike with the LED flasher built in, the stock mirrors are kinda crappy for visibility anyway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice bike, the belly pan is accessory too :)

thats normal wear on those tyres, you wait until you have a summer ride out for a few hundred miles :)

try one of our forum sponsors for steering damper

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/
Thank you! I've been searching all the american sites without any luck, evolutionbike has 2 to choose from.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You must not have any front turn signals since the stock mirrors have those built in the RR. Rizoma makes nice replacement mirrors for your bike with the LED flasher built in, the stock mirrors are kinda crappy for visibility anyway.
I do not, but the connectors are under the little cowl so it would be easy to put them back. Trouble is finding the stock ones, which I prefer. I can always have risers machined to make them more useable. I HATE bar end mirrors. I don't know why, but I do. Trouble is locating a set of factory mirrors that aren't $400. It's kind of crazy that there's only a couple of things I want to do to this bike. Coat the inside of the tank, mirrors/signals, and a steering damper. Thats it. EVERY SINGLE motorcycle i've had before this I did numerous upgrades to them, but I don't feel the Brutale needs much.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
Black, take a look at the Rizoma Naked L mirrors. Better than stockers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, well those do look good. They have a stock shape but with a nicer quality to them for sure

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
Plug and play

DSCN0877r.jpg

DSCN0881r.jpg

DSCN0889r.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They do look good. Nice Brutale and Monster! I believe that S4RS has the same motor as my 999s had? How do you like the Monster compared to the Brutale?

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
The Monster S4Rs does have the 999R motor. I have not ridden it in a bit over a year as I have been "slightly" modifying it. See here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=166225

I am still waiting for the front and rear cowling to be made.

As for a comparison, well they are completely different animals. Both fun in there own right; but, the 1090RR is more Track Worthy.

Here is how my Monster looks at the moment:

DSC_3187r.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks awesome! no shortage of upgrades LOL. I tell you what, I think the 999 motor has a much better sound between the Termi's and dry clutch than the MV does. BUT I was left very disapointed with the power of the 999. I turned much faster lap times on my GSXR600 than with the 999.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
You have to learn where the power is for the 999 motor.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think that was the case, I had plenty of track miles on it at various tracks. It just wasn't up to par with the rest of the competition in the power department. I had the 7500 mile service done at 6800 and there were 7 broken valve keepers, not what I would expect either. That bike left a bad taste in my mouth for Italian bikes until I tried the MV's. Talk about a night and day difference.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Killer bike. Where's your rear hugger?

I love my 1090RR. :brutale:

I ride a lot in Wisconsin. The twisty SW alphabet roads, and the track in Elkhart Lake. (Road America)
We'll have to meet up next summer. :yo:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL yeah, so add that to the list! The carbon hugger looks great on the SSS. I've raced Road America many times over the years. My wife and I actually had our 2nd date at the Superbike Races at Road America 13 years ago. Now it's a tradition and my kids LOVE going too.
Sounds good, I'm always down to ride twisties

·
Registered
467 Posts
Cool. I've been going to the races every year since about 2010. Usually also hit a car race once in awhile to.
Probably at RA 4 times a year.

BTW I have friends in the Chicago area. I don't go there very often. I hate your pothole infested roads!
I always wonder what they actually spend all that toll money on. :thewife:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cool. I've been going to the races every year since about 2010. Usually also hit a car race once in awhile to.
Probably at RA 4 times a year.

BTW I have friends in the Chicago area. I don't go there very often. I hate your pothole infested roads!
I always wonder what they actually spend all that toll money on. :thewife:
Hookers and blow.... silly question.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts