MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to CAG for sending our goodies out at great speed as per usual. I installed the GPR steering damper and will take the pipes and get them Ceramic coated. It will be interresting to see if the bike feels any different with that mid-pipe on.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lol

It does look way out of norm with the damper John. Will let you know about replacing oil in the old Ohlins damper too.:smoking:

Pillions view

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Dons..

These are pukka dampers and work well on MV's.. Chris at X Bikes swears by them.. You are fast becoming the forum's steering damper man..

The MV OEM Ohlins unit is a load of Sh*te and if I find a Ducati Ohlins race unit on Ebay going cheap, I'm jumping on it straight away.. ( as long as the price is right :naughty:).

Let us know how you get on with this new unit..

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
+10

Will do John. Be interresting to see the difference for sure.
I managed to self service the OEM damper and there was a big improvement, but hey, we know it is what it is.
:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Will do John. Be interresting to see the difference for sure.
I managed to self service the OEM damper and there was a big improvement, but hey, we know it is what it is.
:)
Hey Donsy, I'm thinking about trying to improve the rate of damping in my O.E.M. Steering Damper on my Y10. Useing the same technique you explained in you Ohlins rebuild thread, do you suggest 7.5wt for the stocker too? Anything in particular I need to watch-out for regarding disassembly / assembly of the stock unit?
The Stock Damper is junk, but I'd like to get some use out of it to save some Cash for other bits I need. Thanks Mate!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1

Hey Donsy, I'm thinking about trying to improve the rate of damping in my O.E.M. Steering Damper on my Y10. Useing the same technique you explained in you Ohlins rebuild thread, do you suggest 7.5wt for the stocker too? Anything in particular I need to watch-out for regarding disassembly / assembly of the stock unit?
The Stock Damper is junk, but I'd like to get some use out of it to save some Cash for other bits I need. Thanks Mate!
Hi Mark
The one's I rebuilt are stock dampers, and I heard from a reliable source that factory uses something like a 5W oil, so I went one thicker to have the option of not having to wind it all the way in to the max. About three click's out is fine for me now as opposed to having it all the way to max on the standard oil.
Not sure if there are any other parts on the MY10 dampers but what you see in the pics is absolutely all that came out of mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts