Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they're back; and in full force.

Attachments

·
Old Wing Nut
22,192 Posts
Oh man....those things are nasty and will ruin paint if not removed quickly....and unavoidable !!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swell. When is the season over?
Normally lasts about a month; should be over in another week or two. :ahhh:

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
?

how big are they?

when I was stationed in Texas they had Fuck Bugs, flew around coupled but they were tiny, didn't even stick when you hit them

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
how big are they?

when I was stationed in Texas they had Fuck Bugs, flew around coupled but they were tiny, didn't even stick when you hit them
You need to work on your political correctness they are called love bugs now not fuck bugs. People have tender ears now a days.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Nice helmet. I have the same one, mine is just a little cleaner:stickpoke

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how big are they?

Same thing, fuck bugs. They just grow larger in Florida (contrary to the "bigger in Texas" myth).

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Pc?

You need to work on your political correctness they are called love bugs now not fuck bugs. People have tender ears now a days.
Jason;

they were Fuck Bugs in 1969 and that still works for me.....

they weren't anything like the ones Mike is talking about....

they were ALL black and probably 15-20% of the body mass of a house fly

you may have guessed I'm not PC :naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Pc?

Your sig has been fair warning as long as I can remember (which is since July of 2009).
Blake;
at times I'm rather blunt with the guys......NEVER with the women......my Father would rise up out his urn and smite me dead

a couple of years ago a female friend was crudely propositioned on the Aprilia Forum, a quick call to an Admin in New York fixed that.....

".....get on the Forum now, look what this asshole just posted, you BAN that POS NOW!!!!"

his response "what a prick, he's gone"

done deal :drummer:

then yesterday Ronda Sara (a grid girl) posted;

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd....935_699696496760412_3622696303332904208_n.jpg

:drummer::drummer::drummer:

:naughty:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Jason;

you may have guessed I'm not PC :naughty::naughty:
Your sig has been fair warning as long as I can remember (which is since July of 2009).
Noel, Blake... seriously you two took me seriously. I seriously never would have thought you two would take me seriously. I mean seriously I used politically correct it is in his SIG.

The little fuck Bugs we had in G'ville had a little red on them and flew like they were stoned. They never messed with my paint...although every one warned about that

·
Super Moderator
24,113 Posts
Paint problems used to arise from bug splatter on lacquer single stage paints...not the two-part plastic paints that are in use today.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I was told they were acidic and a good coat of wax would prevent any problem with paint getting eaten.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
In Newcastle we used to have these massive "Flying Ants", they used to come out at the first rain of the summer season(quiet before the storm), fly around for a couple of hours, just enough to mess windscreens and visors up. They would then loose their wings and drop to the ground, mostly under streetlamps. The buggers had a big body filled with a very "butter like" juice, coming around a corner with a bike, and there's a streetlight, it was like riding onto a oil slick. Many a bloke did not make it to night shift on these nights.

Attachments

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Noel, Blake... seriously you two took me seriously. I seriously never would have thought you two would take me seriously. I mean seriously I used politically correct it is in his SIG.

The little fuck Bugs we had in G'ville had a little red on them and flew like they were stoned. They never messed with my paint...although every one warned about that
I actually didn't. I saw your tongue firmly in your cheek.

Had to poke at Noel a bit, though.:drummer:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
In Newcastle we used to have these massive "Flying Ants", they used to come out at the first rain of the summer season(quiet before the storm), fly around for a couple of hours, just enough to mess windscreens and visors up. They would then loose their wings and drop to the ground, mostly under streetlamps. The buggers had a big body filled with a very "butter like" juice, coming around a corner with a bike, and there's a streetlight, it was like riding onto a oil slick. Many a bloke did not make it to night shift on these nights.
That's some crazy stuff. "Butter-guts Bugs".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts