MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the loudest exhaust option for the Brute?

The Bodis and silmoto exhausts for the F4's are supposed to be loud, i want something like that.

When i had my F4 i just had the stock pipes modded and it sounded pretty good. I am thinking of doing the same thing to the stock Brute pipes? However if there is a nice LOUD alternative i'll probably do that instead.

The aftermarket Brute exhausts seem pretty quiet to me? I thought they'd be on par with the Yoshi slipon i have on the CBR but they are almost stock sounding ?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arrow Shorty, w/o db killer.

But WHY?
I like a nice sounding exhaust as i ride, why not?

My S4R has an open airbox which is intoxicating at high revs.

Some of the local MV guys have aftermarket pipes but the bikes sound quiet. It seems to my ears that a 'loud' MV system is the same as a standard jap bike system. I'm not after bleeding ears, just something on par with what my CBR1000 Yoshi does.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've got the arrow without the DB killer in it and its fairly loud once the rev's climb - I'd say its on par with Yoshi. MY last bike was an RC51 with racing Hindle cans, so that was much louder, but the arrow shorty is pretty loud when your on the gas (not intoxicating, but decent)

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
I, too, like a good sounding bike....that said:

"Loud Pipes Cost Rights"

...so don't go for just the loudest thing you can find, get an exhaust system with the best sound without being obnoxiously loud.
Thanks.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
The moto corse stubby sounds frickin' awesome. Even with baffles in. Take them out (as in at the track), it's ridiculous. That would get my vote, from both a sound and engineering perspective.....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is sexy! But at AUD$5,400 it's way to pricey. Maybe i can get one made up here with a similar look? I might look into that today as i really like the look of that exhaust!

The moto corse stubby sounds frickin' awesome. Even with baffles in. Take them out (as in at the track), it's ridiculous. That would get my vote, from both a sound and engineering perspective.....
I think Rob has the Corse twin exhaust and it sounds pretty damn cool. I can hear his bike over my Duc when we are belting around through the twistys.

I don't think the look does the bike justice i'm afraid :( I thought Bodis did a system but they only make the midpipe which is a shame as i'd jump at them in a flash if they did slipons.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The only people who are impressed by loud pipes are teenage boys and men who like to dress up like the Village People. You've got no choice but to go Harley and assless chaps if you want to go that way.

Seriously, as said above, loud pipes don't help any of us. Most MV owners are going to be impressed with how you ride, not by how many old ladies you scare.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
The Arrow thunder without the db killer, as John said, is the loudest Brutale exhaust I've heard.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Arrow thunder without the db killer, as John said, is the loudest Brutale exhaust I've heard.
Hey Keiran is this the same Aarow pipe you have? Did you keep the baffle in or leave it out?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the baffle in on mine and it is loud enough for me. Taking it out is quite obnoxious.
The pipes all sound really quiet to me compared to the CBR.

I'd be keen to hear one with the baffle out - assuming the local guys have left it in?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
That is sexy! But at AUD$5,400 it's way to pricey. Maybe i can get one made up here with a similar look? I might look into that today as i really like the look of that exhaust!

I think Rob has the Corse twin exhaust and it sounds pretty damn cool. I can hear his bike over my Duc when we are belting around through the twistys.
Nope - Rob has a $5,500 Ti custom job from Japan. James has the MV Corse option...Ade is selling one complete with EPROM for about A$800

I think you will find there is more to the sound of Rob's bike than just the exhaust though.

Talk to him re: the specs on his 750 :naughty:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had the Arrow Thunder on my 750 Brutale and it permanently damaged the hearing in my right ear.

Seriously.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Ive got the arrow shorty with the DB killer in. It is loud (97db) and i love it. I am constantly getting comments "man that thing sounds insanely wicked!"... With the DB killer out on the track? ive heard it go past with a mate riding it... sounds like some sort of mental ferrari. big grin ear to ear every time i ride it....

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
The only people who are impressed by loud pipes are teenage boys and men who like to dress up like the Village People. You've got no choice but to go Harley and assless chaps if you want to go that way.

Seriously, as said above, loud pipes don't help any of us. Most MV owners are going to be impressed with how you ride, not by how many old ladies you scare.
Says who?

kill joy.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts