MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i got back from a ride today. nothing fancy, just another trip up to Okutama. decided to go have some fun up on the mountain. took my camera, but only got a few pics out of the deal. stationary stuff. a buddy of mine showed up at about 1030. he's a pretty quick rider, but i'm getting faster every time i ride. i scraped the hell out of my toe slider, so i guess it's a good thing i didn't stick out my knee! lol! jeans are a mo fo! anyways, the cops showed up and almost pulled us over. lol, i don't think he would have in his SUV. silly. anyways, i almost ran out of gas, too. damn Japanese gas stations were closed. bastards. anyways, here's a pic. nothing too special. i heard this really loud noise coming from the back of my bike, tho. hmmm... i gotta check it out.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, maybe...

they turned blue, i took this pic before i really started riding. plus, i found out that the blue washes off! DOH! wtf is up with that?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
good stuff nick!

Did it feel faster, too?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hells yes! it's lifting in first and second. power delivery is a bit smoother, too. i still want a Power Commander, tho. hopefully that'll take care of the low speed abruptness.

thanks again! :highclap:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Broms said:
Nice pic Nick.

You shouldn't really be scraping your toes :jsm: , where is the peg under your boot?

I like your new avatar, she's a hottie...
the peg is directly under the ball of my foot. where the big toe meets the foot. and i ride slightly pigeon-toed. i'm close to dragging the knee. i just need leathers. :toothless

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
J_Spec said:
hells yes! it's lifting in first and second. power delivery is a bit smoother, too. i still want a Power Commander, tho. hopefully that'll take care of the low speed abruptness.

thanks again! :highclap:

lifting? wow. cool. wonder if mine can do that.... :later:

·
Registered
144 Posts
TokyoLunch - Lifting! it's the rider,not the bike!
J_Spec, you not riding in leathers? That's either really brave or really short of cash.
Bought my 312, and then paid the most I could afford for my Spyke leathers and my helmet. I kinda reckon that my skin, bones and head are worth more to me than anyone else ('cept my wife) so that was one place that I didn't try to save $. It is probably the best $ you can spend to get a good set of leathers. Now this may start a bit if a furore in the forum, but I fail to understand anyone riding in a singlet and thongs (and we see this every single day) - irrespective of what they are sitting on.
I am all for being on the road and also the track and enjoying the time out, but it makes no sense not to be properly protected. Right now it is mid summer in Oz and Sydney is having some really hot days. Wearing the leathers (or at least Hornee Kevlar jeans) is somewhat uncomfortable. T Shirt / spine protector/ leather jacket / leather pants / gloves/ boots/ helmet.....hell it takes about 10 minutes to get it all on. Go to the corner store (in another suberb of course) and come home, only to take it all off. What a hastle? Yes, but worthit when you see what a slide burn can do.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, i know. i'm saving up to get a set of Berik leathers (1 piece). i already have (and wear) a Shoei X-11 helmet, Diadora Xtreme boots, Berik GP Race gloves, a textile jacket with armor and heavy jeans. not the best protection, i know, but it should hold me over till i get my leathers. believe me, i know where my limits are and can wait till i get leathers to really see what i'm capable of. :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...From some of your and Colin's pictures, no amount of gear would protect you from hitting one of those metal railing/Armco.

+1 to you knowing your limit. :) Get together with Colin and explore your capability at the track. Anyway, I am intrigue and look forward to more track pics from Japan. :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
ARCHILLE said:
...From some of your and Colin's pictures, no amount of gear would protect you from hitting one of those metal railing/Armco.

+1 to you knowing your limit. :) Get together with Colin and explore your capability at the track. Anyway, I am intrigue and look forward to more track pics from Japan. :)
nick, the people have spoken. you gotta get some leathers and i gotta sort out a van!

:f4:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol! sweet. well, i have the truck! i heard there are a few tracks the you don't need a track license for. one is a dedicated motorcycle track. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts