MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a 550+ mile ride today up the Devil's Highway and back down the Salt River Canyon. Ride was fantastic - and the bike handled beautifully. Posted some pics in my gallery:

http://mvagusta.net/gallery/mloyllo_082606devilshighway

Strange thing though, somewhere between Clifton and Hannagan's Meadow, as you'll see in the pics, my pillion seat fell off. I haven't accessed it since I first put my registration in there, and I lost it somewhere between 1400 and 1600 miles on the bike.

Otherwise, fantastic ride. Ended the night at the Pavillions Car and Bike Show sporting the mvagusta.net t-shirt.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Excellent pictures.

Actually, every time I lock down the pillion seat I learnt to give it a bit of a tug, as I know the key latch isn't always secure. I often contemplate losing my pillion seat on the highway somewhere!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
As I posted in the T-shirt thread, nice pics and I am very sorry about the seat.

It's not the 1st time that this has happened, perhaps someone can develop mods to help make the pillion seat to lock down more positively.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Looks like a great ride, can you post the pictures of your bike when you have the frame sliders on please, and all the other accessories??

Cheers

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Or maybe you should take a beatifull women sitting on it to keep it in the place......hehhee :blah: :friday:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I lost mine on a 4 mile ride home from a store. I`ve learned that you got to hear the click and that means the bike has to be off to hear it, because I allways gave it a tug . It took me four trys going back and forth to find it and the only reason i did finde it was because i stoped for a peice of asfault that looked like it and decided to look around that spot and saw it upsidedown under a bush. That was the part of the road i got up to over 80mph. So now i have been trying to decide what to cover it with? The same material, some sort of animal, or carbon fiber. And as far as a lanyard i think it`s a good idea but it would have to be very short as not to make contact with the wheel or beat the hell out of the bike. Sometimes i think i should put my address on the under side. I like the emoto cf seat but it was a little costly for my blood as it is an entire seat and not just a cover. Perhaps if they are listening they can consider a cheaper :nutkick: option allthough you need the entire seat with latch.

Good luck, Chris.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mike21 said:
Or maybe you should take a beatifull women sitting on it to keep it in the place......hehhee :blah: :friday:
That's not really gonna help me now, is it? :stickpoke Though I suppose the boys would find it entertaining!

I'm definitely in for the zip tie idea. BMW's LT has side mirrors that pop off at the slightest bump, and they actually sell a cable tie lock system for them. I'm going to check it out and see if it would work for the pillion seat.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sorry about loosing your pad!

After reading a couple of posts about lost pads, I was thinking about using a wire to secure the pad too. I'm still not sure whether this is such a good idea. In case the pad flies off, the pin is most probably going to scratch the tail piece and / or the side panels. So I really don't know whats worse a lost pad or a scratched tail section.

Fact is that MV should redesign the damn thing with some kind of a hinge which holds the pad in place.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
spalding12 said:
hmmmm
that sounds like a statement that some women would take the wrong way :stickpoke :stopp: :D
OK, i take the pad back and change it into pillion - this is what happens, when you try to give smart comments in a foreign language :bawling: :D

No OFFENSE Ladies !!!!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm pretty weary of this happening as well, so everytime I put my seat on, I make sure I hear it click. And I tug and wiggle it a bit to make sure it's on. I had a scare once. Luckily I didn't lose the seat, cause when I went to go take something out once, it fell off into my hand...so now I'm super cautious with it...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts