MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I came back from a ride a couple of days ago and I have not seen or found the key since then. It has to be somewhere in the house but after turning it upside down, it's still winning the hide-and-seek game. I am worried now it's gone for good and need to find an alternative way.
Surely i can't be the first dummass to do that ( Maybe the first one not smart enough to get a second key made, though).
Anybody with a clever way to buy me some time until I maybe find the key?
Thanks

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
so im not the only one to put things away in a very safe place!!

so safe you forget yourself where it is, you not got the key number recorded in your paperwork?

until you find it, maybe everyone can have one shot each at guessing where you put it

and dont worry we all do as you have done

1,------you checked the inside of your gloves?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I can send you an ignition, gas cap, and rear lock with a key. When you find your key send my stuff back.

CAG

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
mine seems to hide in my pocket and then try to escape into the washing machine or dryer

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
On my spare key there is a metal tag with an 8-digit code for the replacement key that matches it to the lock set. I'm guessing that since you don't have a spare, you probably written it down. So you could probably try a couple of things, you could remove one of the locks, maybe the trunk and see if you can find the code and onder a new key, or you could try pulling the gas filler cap off and go to a locksmith and have them make you a key for that lock (I've had it done for a previous bike). Assuming they have an appropriate blank shouldn't cost more than 20-30 bucks.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
There is a key in England that will open anything - not sure if you have them where you are. We call them Pikeys.

·
Administrator
20,107 Posts
A good lock smith can "wiggle" a replacement key for you. Normally costs about $75~100.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found it!!! Hallmark moment

Ladies and gentlemen,
Prepare to go "Ohhhhhh", maybe shed a tear:).
My wife mentioned this morning her engagement ring was missing. A giant light bulb lit up in my brain and the energy took me to my 5 year old's bedroom then to her secret hiding place where I found my key and mom's diamond ring. Elena knew how special Mommy's ring and daddy's motorcycle were so i guess she was just trying to help. You see, she had pulled that stunt before with the ring...
I am now looking to buy a blank or two to have duplicates made. Anybody other than proitalia, at $26 a piece, have them? or should my friendly home depot or lowes be able to come close?

Thanks for all your responses. Maybe this could be a thread starter about all the crazy places your MV key found its way???

I'm gonna go ride, now.:yo:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[I can send you an ignition, gas cap, and rear lock with a key. When you find your key send my stuff back.

CAG]

Thanks Carl, I'm glad i didn't have to take you up on your offer. Swapping locks ounds like too much work.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I recently made a replacement key from a kawasaki blank and it works fine! Go get one of those, and keep it somewhere safe for the next time you loose it:)

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Elena knew how special Mommy's ring and daddy's motorcycle were so i guess she was just trying to help. You see, she had pulled that stunt before with the ring...
Baby Elena's a future Klepto.......:stickpoke :laughing: She better marry a good attorney......:green:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Baby Elena's a future Klepto.......:stickpoke :laughing: She better marry a good attorney......:green:
Yes, and she's only 5 and loves jewelry. Pretends to be a princess 12 hours a day and will not answer to her own name when she decides to be somebody else. I surely will have my hands full later on.
One good thing, though. I took her on her first motorcycle ride yesterday and she loved it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[I recently made a replacement key from a kawasaki blank and it works fine! Go get one of those, and keep it somewhere safe for the next time you loose it:)]
Thanks !! I'll try the hardware stores first, the the kawi store then the "let me bend you over" priced Proitalia key.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i've been told Yamaha key blanks would work as well? true?

this is my WORST nitemare btw... i try to keep 4 copies of every vehicle key somewhere...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts