MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my 2 set of key for my Brutale 910R 2007 can some one give me best way to deal with this???? i called dealer but they told me that they will call MV THATS ALL THEY SAID. THATS NO HELP CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ARE KNOW WHAT I NEED???

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
lost?

BRUTALELEE;
1st welcome aboard the Forum......:drummer:

you need a lockset....ignition, tank and seat......

the problem is, no offense, thats exactly what a thief would need to make a track bike out of a stolen bike

I imagine if you went in with the title and registration in your name the dealer would be more responsive

the second problem is this is your 1st post, ergo, we don't know you:jsm:

I just tried a parts search on a Forum sponsor's web site...... nothing comes up......it a security thing

We don't know where you are either.....know anybody else with an MV? thats here on the Forum?

I have the Immobilizer reprogramming key for Aprilias and i loan it out to known people, no charge but.....you need to have 1 original to make it work:naughty: safety interlock:yo:

·
Registered
694 Posts
He just needs to contact a locksmith and they will use a plastic blank to make a template and then cut a replacement key, right? There's nothing electronic about an MV key, right?

·
Registered
530 Posts
There is the chip in the key the melds up with the electronic ignition sync in the lock cylinder.
I tried to use my key to turn on my boys bike and while it turned the barrel, it did not start.
From what i understand, this only happens on the 04' forward, bikes.

Tree's 3 dollar bill :)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Huh

There is the chip in the key the melds up with the electronic ignition sync in the lock cylinder.
I tried to use my key to turn on my boys bike and while it turned the barrel, it did not start.

Never heard of this one, please explain ?

·
Registered
167 Posts

My key has nothing like that. It's just a key, no chip of any kind.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Older US spec bikes do not have immobilizer (not sure about new models). Any decent locksmith can "wiggle" a key for you. Most charge about $75 in my part of the US....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts