MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding Saturday for a couple of hours, and when I got home I discovered the left side panel at the base of the fuel tank missing from the bike. I remembered someone else posting about this happening a few months ago, so I'm always careful to check they are back on securely whenever I've removed them. Anybody have any idea how they come loose? They seem to be attached pretty well, and I cannot see how they could just fall off like this.

I posted a note in the Wanted section if anyone has a spare for sale. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I do a little "mod" to mine, I put a small slot under the piece the seat covers, I then tie wrap them loosely to the rear sub frame :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
mikef4uk said:
I do a little "mod" to mine, I put a small slot under the piece the seat covers, I then tie wrap them loosely to the rear sub frame :)
Mike, could you make a pic? It´s not clear for me, how you have modified the part.
I want to do this also, just to prevent loosing one.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I used a very small drill, about 1mm, and drilled a series of holes, then just waggled the drill about to join them all up :)

I don't know what would happen if it fell off now, maybe it would just flap about and hit your leg, I have not had one come loose so I don't know.

The blue thing across the shock top is part of the locking it to the ground anchor thing

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good idea! Thanks Mike. I was trying to figure out some way to make sure I don't lose another one. I need to call the dealer and find out how much a replacement costs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts