MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my 2 set of key for my Brutale 920 2011 can some one give me best way to deal with this???? CAN SOMEONE TELL ME ARE KNOW WHAT I NEED???:eek:nthecan:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Call a locksmith

·
Registered
47 Posts
the part number for a blank key that you need is: 8000B5575. Take that key and your existing key to a professional key cutter. Then, you will need to take it to a dealership to have the key's transponder programmed with your key card. Good luck!

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
?

Brutista;
are the chipped keys Zadi ones? and do they have a center slot? like most car keys

you don't program the chip......you make the Immobilizer recognize the key

I have the master key for Aprilias......and have sent it ALL over the World for years

purnaka;
contact Jim Hamilton for advice
www.allmotorcyclekeys.com

he can clone keys if you have an original

207 230 4667
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?203485-list-of-locksmiths-that-cut-Aprilia-keys/page3

tell Jim I sent you

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had the same issue a while back. I lost both keys for my B4, I live in NY.
This is what I did:
-Found online a locksmith in the UK who could cut a new key for me from the Key code
-Ordered a set of factory Keys from MV
-Went to a local locksmith who can duplicate sidewinder keys, have him cut the MV key using the new key made in the UK
-Programmed the MV keys from the ignition using the manual

Here's the locksmith info, email, call and stay on top of it.
Express Auto Keys
01689 660205
[email protected]

·
Registered
106 Posts
the tip of my key broke off in December
went to the local stealer and ordered a new one - They said it is covered by the 2yr warranty.
I took my VIN number with me
4 weeks later the stealer contacts me a says "the factory wont send a new key until you give us the <key code number> from the key card in your owners pack"

which I have now done - the wait continues

I thought that the key has a built in transponder, so you cant just get a new one cut ???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Using a key cutting machine running instaCode and your MV key code, you can have a new key made from a blank sidewinder. Sidewinder keys already have a transponder that can be cloned or programmed, see here.
You can then order factory blanks and have a local locksmith cut them using the new key as a template. Programming the factory key from the bike takes 5mn.

Cost me £20 to have a new key made including shipping.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Take it to your dealer.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
How do you people end up with bikes with no keys? Are they stolen?

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
the tip of my key broke off in December
went to the local stealer and ordered a new one - They said it is covered by the 2yr warranty.
I took my VIN number with me......
I dropped my Aprilia key and stepped back to look for it and naturally stepped on it.....bending the tip. attempting to straighten it only broke the tip off

with a TIG machine I built the tip back up with silicone bronze and filed it to shape

:drummer:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had the same issue a while back. I lost both keys for my B4, I live in NY.
This is what I did:
-Found online a locksmith in the UK who could cut a new key for me from the Key code
-Ordered a set of factory Keys from MV
-Went to a local locksmith who can duplicate sidewinder keys, have him cut the MV key using the new key made in the UK
-Programmed the MV keys from the ignition using the manual
What's the procedure for programming the new key? Is it found in the owner's or repair manual?

I've done this on Moto Guzzis and Vespas before (both ZADI) and I think its the same transponder system, but you need the access code to get into the computer on that particular model bike before you can get it into the mode to recognize the newly cut key.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Wth

What's the procedure for programming the new key? Is it found in the owner's or repair manual?

I've done this on Moto Guzzis and Vespas before (both ZADI) and I think its the same transponder system, but you need the access code to get into the computer on that particular model bike before you can get it into the mode to recognize the newly cut key.
What bike ?:stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Yikes!

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
?

2010 1090RR. I have an original key, a new OEM key cut, but the PO lost the Key Card with the code to match the new key and the immobilizer.
go back to my post #4

contact Jim he is the BEST

he can clone your new key without the Key Card

I've been sending the Aprilia Blue Master Key around the World since '04

because of Jim, the Master Key isn't needed any more

:drummer:

:popcorn:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts