MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Morning fellow MV ers, i thought I'd throw this out to all u charming peeps for advice.
So this proud 2016 TV owner has lost 1 of 2 ignition keys... I've checked previous threads on this and may have misunderstood things..
I've attached a polaroid of my key that I obviously would like a copy of, in simple terms I need to?
The winning answer will receive a mystery prize 馃槈馃
Thanx all

Attachments

Registered
Morning fellow MV ers, i thought I'd throw this out to all u charming peeps for advice.
So this proud 2016 TV owner has lost 1 of 2 ignition keys... I've checked previous threads on this and may have misunderstood things..
I've attached a polaroid of my key that I obviously would like a copy of, in simple terms I need to?
The winning answer will receive a mystery prize 馃槈馃
Thanx all
A mystery prize?

I have a vagueish recollection of talking to someone at MV, either Parramatta or the importer, about this very matter, if you have not already I encourage you to seek sound advice, as there may be expensive consequences. Don't quote me though.

Registered
I'm sorry you lost your Key Pablo. I wouldn't nessisarily post the bidding or the cut on the internet but I suppose you already did...

You have the one key but you want to change your locks now or just another key made? Sort of confused on what you are asking. You would have to find key blanks with the same profile then get a locksmith to cut them for you. That would have to be through a dealer or a local locksmith that has generic blanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Okies I thought as much, but wanted clarification on this electronic inputting thing that I've seen on previous posts, and I'm not thinking about changing locks...
Any more posts on this before I choose a winner..

Registered
Okies I thought as much, but wanted clarification on this electronic inputting thing that I've seen on previous posts, and I'm not thinking about changing locks...
Any more posts on this before I choose a winner..
There was someone who mentioned that locksmith can program key blank easily just by copying the content of an existing key.

However, if you lost the 2 keys, on a TV, the code is hard programmed in the Dashboard, and someone else mentioning that reprograming it without the code that is present on the card requires change of the lock, the keys and the dashboard....

Registered
The key allows the immobilizer to be turned off so it's not as easy as having a new key cut. Just contact an authorized dealer and ask

Registered
Wouldn't the computer just ask you for the code if you weren't using the one that was programmed? I thought that was the point of the code? So you can have a generic key made without a chip but just use your code to start it.

Registered
Refer to this thread where someone just got the key code replicated in the new key blank by the locksmith for a TV...

Reactions: Figifister

Registered
If I say you lost your blue key do I win?

Registered
I'm pretty sure the game was rigged! Showing heavy favoritism towards Aussies

Now you got me wondering what the blue key is....

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Quiccck edit the post he s French unless I've read the flag wrong....馃お

Registered
I'm pretty sure the game was rigged! Showing heavy favoritism towards Aussies

Now you got me wondering what the blue key is....
My TV has one red and one blue key!

Registered
Bugger, the French don't even drink beer!!! only wine and champaign.... oh and Cognac :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Bugger, the French don't even drink beer!!! only wine and champaign.... oh and Cognac :ROFLMAO:
Don't assume anything about that. French comes in different flavour :-D. Here there is some areas where we do beers, wine, champaigns and all sort of spirituous, and there is even some you can't dare to imagine :-D

Reactions: Jigsaw312rr

Registered

Registered
Quiccck edit the post he s French unless I've read the flag wrong....
Ha I thought MST meant MacSTine...fair game then we can resume play. Lol

Registered
Ha I thought MST meant MacSTine.....
It's Strine like in 'Strine, means antipodist for us propodists.
Stine like in Dr Frankenstine won't do.

BTW MST OTOH sounds somehow different in french. :unsure:

Back to the topic:
Any bike thief around here would sure help if one can't find his coded key.

And without a transponder entering the code to start the bike is a royal is PIA.
DAMHIK

1 - 20 of 25 Posts