MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brutale Dragster 800 RR MY15

Curious to know whether others have experienced the same or similar?

Couple of situations, both quite different, where there seems to be a lag when opening the throttle to power being delivered.

Situation one: when going over a small bump or similar in the road, the power drops off and then is re-engaged. The whole process is very quick which possibly leads me to being a TC thing.

However, situation two: When going from a standing start and not aggressively riding. i.e. say down a 90 deg left turn (UK roads) the power is delivered, but not for the amount of throttle that being used.
It then comes up to the correct acceleration for throttle application after a couple of seconds. It's almost as if a lean angle is involved in not allowing the power to delivered.
The speeds here for situation two are circa 10mph.

Anyone have experience of what this may be?

·
Super Moderator
22,365 Posts
What is your Traction Control Setting?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Situation one: when going over a small bump or similar in the road, the power drops off and then is re-engaged. The whole process is very quick which possibly leads me to being a TC thing.
This happens to me on my Brutale Dragster 800 RR MY18...power only seems to re-engage when I let off the throttle then open it again.

My TC is set to 2.

I dont get the other issue. My map is set to Sport and TC2.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
508 Posts
MY 18 Dragster RR... TC set at 5, normal mode: no issues with throttle as you describe.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's on 8. But the second situation... Why would it happen when the bike is going so slowly? TC just shouldn't kick in at such a low speed.

·
Super Moderator
22,365 Posts
8 is very intrusive. If it senses any wheel slip at all it will intervene.

Why do you need the setting so intrusive?

I'd suggest 2.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I agree, perhaps try a lower TC setting? Maybe ask your dealer? Optimal TC and ABS settings on my new Dragster are a question for me. Time to start playing with them. I do note TC here, while riding through one of our occasional Texas Gulf Coast apocalyptic rain storms, did a nice job defeating wheel spin.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Your TC is set to maximum, that's what you're feeling, the bike is detecting rear wheel slip of some sort and it is cutting in. Try a lower setting.

Also if you are in "R" it is not race but Rain. Try N or S if you don't want to set up a custom setting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts