MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen/Ladies,

I've been out of touch for a while, so I'm hoping there have been some technological developments.

My Question: What's the best soloution to losing the 5K flatspot on the F4R/Senna? What's the most recent info/best knowledge?

Appreciate any help........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....hmm mv ecu eh? What's the story and where can I get 1! Also what's the story with pipes and losing the cat? Do you have to do this with the MV ECU?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,824 Posts
not sure if u need a aftermarket or rg3 in order to get the race ecu. but as far as the ecu goes, im not sure where to get one, these last couple of days have been hectic as far as where to get stuff, so im going to leave it to others to tell u where to buy ur ecu from. but u might want to do a full exhaust system and then get the race ecu. i think u can also do a rg3 slip on with the race ecu.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,799 Posts
The race ECU is an MV Corse item....can be purchased from anyone that sells MV Corse parts, including EMoto.
As I understand it, the race ECU is the only item that addresses both fueling and ignition issues. The re-flash / re-mapping options provided by FBF of your current 5SM ECU will only adjust fueling, so the corrections (if you choose that route) are minimal.
I have heard that the race ECU, once installed, really makes a noticeable difference and corrects the flat spot nicely -- and works well with the stock exhaust and cat. The only negative comment I have heard is that it will raise your idle to 2K. Personally, I haven't made the jump to the race ECU ... maybe others that have can chime in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good info....... where can I get the stuff? ..other than emoto.... done with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,824 Posts
khfx said:
Good info....... where can I get the stuff? ..other than emoto.... done with them.
lol, other than your local dealer? im really unsure, u can try motowheels.com not sure if they have the ecu, but they have the rg3 slip on, thats for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,476 Posts
GRand said:
The race ECU is an MV Corse item....can be purchased from anyone that sells MV Corse parts, including EMoto.
As I understand it, the race ECU is the only item that addresses both fueling and ignition issues. The re-flash / re-mapping options provided by FBF of your current 5SM ECU will only adjust fueling, so the corrections (if you choose that route) are minimal.
I have heard that the race ECU, once installed, really makes a noticeable difference and corrects the flat spot nicely -- and works well with the stock exhaust and cat. The only negative comment I have heard is that it will raise your idle to 2K. Personally, I haven't made the jump to the race ECU ... maybe others that have can chime in?
I rode my Senna for the first time today. The dealer fitted Rg3's, midpipe and race ECU then 'tuned' it on his equipment. I am no expert, but I presume this just means setting it up as opposed to mapping.

It was not very good weather, but the couple of times that I was able to have a go, I didn't notice any flat spot. Felt fantastic to me...oh and did I mention the noise...pure bliss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
GRand said:
... The only negative comment I have heard is that it will raise your idle to 2K...
The installation of the Race ECU needs to include reseting the TPS using a VDSTS (resets the idle). The reseting the TPS takes 5 minutes or so. Also, if you eliminate the cat, you'll want to adjust the CO to spec.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
241 Posts
I have a full system -header pipe,mid-pipe and RG3 - with race ECU. Only after I installed the Power COmmander - Thanks Airfuel!!!! - did the flat spot go away!!!! Throttle response is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better!!!! Now, with the extrad return spring gone...gotta watch the high-sides!!!
 

·
Ball & Chain magnet
Joined
·
3,027 Posts
no need for a race ECU on a 1000s.....I dont think it will work.....but all that aside.... atleast replace the mid pipe.... it would seem that if the RPM's at idle are raised a bit (2k)....wouldn't that make it run hotter?? and jump up to the blinking light warning quicker than if at (1400)RPM's at idle??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
mv2envy said:
an alternative to a expensive race ecu is a power commander and good dynotunning.

The 'race ecu' only applies to R and Senna models, the 1000S only needs a power commander
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Hi,

Just have the race ecu the rest hasn't been changed yet and the flat spot is gone !!
Just ask your local dealer as i did and then they need to tune tps and so on but is not that long or expensive...

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,937 Posts
zebulonian said:
Hi,

Just have the race ecu the rest hasn't been changed yet and the flat spot is gone !!
Just ask your local dealer as i did and then they need to tune tps and so on but is not that long or expensive...

Cheers
You mean the race ECU went straight in and the surge has gone?
No tuning required?
I've been led to believe if you change the midpipe(no CAT),you should be able to set the fuelling to eradicate the surge.This is with the stock 5SM injection system.
Anyone care to elaborate on this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Ozboy said:
You mean the race ECU went straight in and the surge has gone?
No tuning required?
I've been led to believe if you change the midpipe(no CAT),you should be able to set the fuelling to eradicate the surge.This is with the stock 5SM injection system.
Anyone care to elaborate on this?
Race ECU and TPS tuning nothing else i still have my CAT and stock exhaust !
Do not have problem at idle..
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top