MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jorge Lorenzo was quoted saying "Unfortunately you can't ride the Yamaha as aggressively as our rivals. You have to open your lines more else you lose corner speed." after his head to head battle with Marc Marquez at Silverstone today. I'm not sure if this is entirely correct as each bike, regardless of manufacturer, is set up to the riders style and preference. So if what he says is correct, then one would suspect that MM93 could not ride the Yamaha fast because of his style. Isn't being aggressive a human trait, and not a motorcycle trait?

You can definitely see the different styles of Marquez and Lorenzo when they were battling in this last race. Lorenzo had just as much opportunity's to finish ahead of MM, but it came down to who was more aggressive, not which bike could be "technically" ridden aggressively.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Six in one, half dozen of the other. Yamaha gave Lorenzo the design he wanted that matched his riding style and the tires available at the time the best. The tires have changed a bit, and Marquez new style has shifted the focus from corner speed to letting it hang fast and loose. Rossi spent the whole off season adjusting his style to match, Lorenzo didn't.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Jorge Lorenzo was quoted saying "Unfortunately you can't ride the Yamaha as aggressively as our rivals. You have to open your lines more else you lose corner speed." after his head to head battle with Marc Marquez at Silverstone today. I'm not sure if this is entirely correct as each bike, regardless of manufacturer, is set up to the riders style and preference. So if what he says is correct, then one would suspect that MM93 could not ride the Yamaha fast because of his style. Isn't being aggressive a human trait, and not a motorcycle trait?

You can definitely see the different styles of Marquez and Lorenzo when they were battling in this last race. Lorenzo had just as much opportunity's to finish ahead of MM, but it came down to who was more aggressive, not which bike could be "technically" ridden aggressively.
Six in one, half dozen of the other. Yamaha gave Lorenzo the design he wanted that matched his riding style and the tires available at the time the best. The tires have changed a bit, and Marquez new style has shifted the focus from corner speed to letting it hang fast and loose. Rossi spent the whole off season adjusting his style to match, Lorenzo didn't.
Do you guys honestly think you're on the same planet as Lorenzo (or any of the other Aliens) ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you guys honestly think you're on the same planet as Lorenzo (or any of the other Aliens) ?
lol..not at all. Lorenzo was lacking confidence at the beginning of the season. When he started to get his confidence back he became more assertive. It showed in his riding and results. Assertiveness is a trait of aggressiveness. I think it's more psychological than the bike.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Chris....where the hell have you been? Welcome back mate.:)

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Chris :highclap:

On topic, I would like to see all three of them ride the M1 at the same time, and then ride the RC at the same time and watch to see whose riding style suits which bike. I bet Rossi could (still) rip it up on the Honda and we would see a less competitive MM on the M1.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I think jorge did well. He put pressure on MM thats why he ran wide at the front for jorge to retake the lead. I thought they were both aggressive especially on the last lap. MM wheel was rubbing up on jorges arm and he didnt budge untill that final corner MM just threw it up the inside but thats racing. They shook hands so they were pretty happy with it i guess.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
It was great to see Jorge taking the fight to Marc...,because prior to Brno., Marc looked invincible!.

He still looks invincible it has to be said ..,but the others now know that (although he is an Alien) he is a human one!:laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts