·
King of Bling
9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
968 Posts
Awesome!

I'm hoping to be there next year. Who will be there with me, motogp or otherwise? :drummer:

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
I have information that Loris Capirossi will also be attending and taking a lap of honor.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I have information that Loris Capirossi will also be attending and taking a lap of honor.
Yeah, not only that but according to MCN a couple of weeks ago road racer for the TAS Relentless Suzuki team 'Cameron Donald' will be doing a parade lap on Capirossi's Moto GP GSV-R Suzuki!.

·
King of Bling
9,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mean 'lorenzo' Rossi mini me ? :laughing:

I reckon Lorenzo could just be the real deal, and the future successor to Rossi.

Rossi's track record is going to be difficult to beat, but out of the crop of current Moto GP riders , Lorenzo looks like the only one who is capable of giving it a go.

What do you reckon ?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Calm down Al

Yeah Lorenzo is bloody good, I think he is better than Danny dickneck and a couple of other riders (Nicky pluck your eye brow Hayden comes to mind.. watch this space..he might be outgrowing his ego and start racing now)) on top bikes doing frigging nothing. I don't know how he would have done developing a bike the way Rossi has. I wish he just found a better way to celebrate rather than mimic or improve on what Rossi has done already. Good to watch and that is nice, it gets boring when you know Casey or Rossi is going to win.

:f4:

Hope Cam has a good and injury free year, and Cappi re-tires and makes room for some young blood.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
The sport no doubt has some talented riders....but it could do with more characters and personalities like Lorenzo and Rossi.
just adds huge amounts to the viewing pleasure and fan base.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Do you blame him..

The first time I saw those nutters coming down Bray Hill flat out, I just thought F#@K ! :jsm::jsm::jsm::wtf::wtf::wtf::jsm::jsm:
Ah, makes you revere the likes of Ago, Mike the Bike even more - they could ride the wheels of a GP bike & do like wise with it at the IOM. Ago even rode the day (1972) his close pal Morbidelli rider Gilberto Parlotti was killed in the morning 125's (I think)....not only did Ago ride but won dedicated the race to his friend and never raced there again proclaiming it too dangerous for modern motorcyles (one of the few times he & Phil Read agreed).

Rossi's achievements are awesome & he is an alien - and I acknowledge it's difficult to rate riders from different eras directly.

My pedstal however is still crowded by Ago & Hailwood, we will see about Rossi once his racing days are behind and we can judge him historically.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts