MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we all love the motogp battle thats on at the moment but what about the battle between Lorenzo and Dovizioso. Didnt anyone watch the 250s race
what a race
so does anyone else think Dovizioso can take it or am i alone here
Mr chuppa chup man (lorenzo) has got a big race on his hand in valenzia dont you think

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
I would like Dovizioso to win the championship, but would prefer Aprilia to be his ride.
But i like Lorenzo too and i think he will win.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm sure Lorenzo will win it but all I want to see is Alex de Angelis on that top step !!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think that Lorenzo has become a better driver in last year comparing to the mindless boy he showed to be sometimes in the past, but IMVVHO Dovizioso is better than Lorenzo as a rider. The trouble for Dovizionso is is that Aprilia is much better than Honda (BTW, have you seen in 125 Bautista on Aprilia evolution that will race next year? 15 seconds in 10 laps on everyone else!).
I think Lorenzo will win the championship even though I still believe that on the same bike ranking would have been Dovizioso 1st and Lorenzo second.

·
Registered
90 Posts
MorganChane said:
........... but IMVVHO Dovizioso is better than Lorenzo as a rider.
Perhaps a little patriotism here ? Let's just say they are all pretty amazing and best of luck to both.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I haven't watched 250's much in the last few years. The last 250 rider I really enjoyed to watch was Toni Elias, and look what he's doing now. It's funny how the 250 riders work. Where is Poggiali? Why can't Randy De Puniet step it up like Casey Stoner did? Where is Olivier Jacque? Seems like Nakano is having the last laugh now...

I like to watch Lorenzo ride, but he's kinda sketchy sometimes.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
It would be a really nice stunt if Dovizioso takes the championship in the last race :yo: yup... I would love to see that :drummer:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Rick GM said:
Perhaps a little patriotism here ? Let's just say they are all pretty amazing and best of luck to both.
No patriotism, just look at a race where they are battling for same position and notice how much Dovizioso gains in every curve and braking and how Lorenzo just runs away in straight...
I've no problem to admit that Lorenzo is a very good rider and probably better than De Angelis, Poggiali, Simoncelli and any other Italian (ok, think about San Marino as Italy "dependance" :) ) but really not Dovizioso!
Wish he had a bike instead of a trolley like current honda 250 GP...

·
Registered
434 Posts
MorganChane said:
No patriotism, just look at a race where they are battling for same position and notice how much Dovizioso gains in every curve and braking and how Lorenzo just runs away in straight...
I've no problem to admit that Lorenzo is a very good rider and probably better than De Angelis, Poggiali, Simoncelli and any other Italian (ok, think about San Marino as Italy "dependance" :) ) but really not Dovizioso!
Wish he had a bike instead of a trolley like current honda 250 GP...
I think you just saw the last race...what about the rest of the season? It's incredible Lorenzo hasn't won the championship already!!! he's has won eight races...and Dovi? Maybe two? Cmon...let's be serius!!! Same as Niki...you can't be champion being always second and see what happens to the rest of the pilots, you have to take risks...like Valen or Lorenzo!!!

VAMOS LORENZO!!! POR FUERA!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
FERROMAN said:
I think you just saw the last race...what about the rest of the season? It's incredible Lorenzo hasn't won the championship already!!! he's has won eight races...and Dovi? Maybe two? Cmon...let's be serius!!! Same as Niki...you can't be champion being always second and see what happens to the rest of the pilots, you have to take risks...like Valen or Lorenzo!!!

VAMOS LORENZO!!! POR FUERA!!!
I am very serious and it seems that you were the one looking only last race and not all the rest of the championship. All season long it has been always the same pattern: when engine power makes the difference Lorenzo flies, when rider makes difference Dovizioso gains seconds on him, ALWAYS and on every track. Ok, Dovizioso won 2 races and Lorenzo 8 but still the comparison you made to Hayden simply does not apply since the situation is at the opposite. Hayden has the best bike compared to Rossi and still won 2 races while Rossi 7. Lorenzo has by far the best bike and is directly supported by Aprilia as house official rider, Dovizioso has a bike whose development is no longer supported since 4 months ago and basically is unchanged by 2005 model and besides doesn't have direct channel to manufacturer, kind of half way between official and private team. Notwithstanding the situation Dovizioso has reached podium 12 times, 5 of which second place and three times on those 5 beaten at fotofinish, not exactly the picture you get of someone who has not strength or willingness to take risks or trying get a won. With the only exception of GB where he ended 6th Dovizioso has been 4th when not on podium the other 3 races. Lorenzo who could even run conservative races, having the best bike, still has 2 DNF and twice out of podium, which IMHO means that he must be more costantly near to his limit to exploit his bike at 100% and be on the top, while Dovizioso still has margins as riders before reaching his limits while his bike hasn't.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts