MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up this bike from a guy in alabama that took it in on trade so he didnt really know much about it. I have been going through the bike and sorting things out. I came across some markings that do not look factory. Does anyone recognise these stamps? The elephant looking stamp is on the left side just below the valve cover and on the right side is the 2063 stamp.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,737 Posts
You are correct, sir.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so this may have been stamped at the factory then? I can see the bike has atleast been ported at some point, no idea about anything else though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found this, is there any other way to identify if i have serie oro parts on my bike? On the other side of the head it has one letter followed by 3 numbers (cant remember what they are right now) and all of my other engines have the letter with 4 numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
The elephant is on standard 750s. So no, it doesn't look special. What makes you think it has had work done? Others on here may correct me, but my understanding there is nothing special about Oro engines, they make the same power as the S. It is weight savings from parts such as magnesium frame plates and swing arms.

So unless you bike has some pruuuurdy gold looking frame parts it is just your bog stock but still special F4 750

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The elephant is on standard 750s. So no, it doesn't look special. What makes you think it has had work done? Others on here may correct me, but my understanding there is nothing special about Oro engines, they make the same power as the S. It is weight savings from parts such as magnesium frame plates and swing arms.

So unless you bike has some pruuuurdy gold looking frame parts it is just your bog stock but still special F4 750
I would go so far to say that You are might not that qualified to make such a comment.
The F4 Oro engines had sand casted engine casings for that matter.
Plus everything on an Oro is extraordinary.
Every piece of fairing, fender, battery tray, under seat tray, under tank and air box covers, tank and air box just name it was out of CF.
Wheels, swingarm,hub, frame plates, lower triple, sump etc out of Magnesium.
The F4 Oro has all the Goodies You can get for an F4 and is amongst all the specials, CRC or MV Agusta SpA, the highest spec'd bike, except the Veltro maybe.
But the S has the better engine I would say.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Well I stand corrected.Thank you :)
Now that you mention it I do vaguely recall the sand cast cases and the carbon mentions now. I'm not the student of the brand that many on here are.
Why do you think the S motor is better? They made the same power didn't they?

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I love threads like this. I learn so much from them. So next time an ORO comes up for sale I can ask my wife and she will tell me NO. :)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Well I stand corrected.Thank you :)
Now that you mention it I do vaguely recall the sand cast cases and the carbon mentions now. I'm not the student of the brand that many on here are.
Why do you think the S motor is better? They made the same power didn't they?
I'm speaking about the accuracy of the casings and the marginally lesser weight.
Compare above photo with Your cylinder head for that matter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i can see that it has for sure been ported and looks like the enginr has been apart before looking at the rtv squeezed out between the cases and what not.. I am sure that the bike itself is not an oro, but there are some suspect pieces on the bike. Air ducts are pure carbon and until i strip the crap paint from the fairings to find out if they are carbon or fiberglass maybe those also. The undertail is carbon as well.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
All the carbon parts You mentioned where easily available from MV Agusta Corse at first and later by other Carbon Bakeries.
My F4S has MV Agusta Corse CF front fender + Air Dam, Air Ducts, Tank, Air Box, Battery Tray, Under Seat Tray, Tail unit, Fairing Stays.
Some other manufacturers CF as the little Air Box covers, upper and lower chain guard, radiator guard,...
Expensive but still today available.

·
Registered
152 Posts
But the S has the better engine I would say.
The Evo 2 / Evo 3 / SPR and SR engines are superior so far as clutch and piston engineering changes that were made in 2001.
There are other slight differences too such as the intercooler but no big deal.
They make a little more horsepower too thanks to revised valve angles.

To live with, the Oro would drive you nuts as it only has one radiator (although heavily ducted).
The SPR and SR have hand ported heads and 500 more RPMs to play with, but their tall and gearboxes are less enjoyable than the standard ratios I hear. Also no magnesium or carbon goodies which is odd - it's a heavy bike, especially for a racebike. Same weight as the GSXR750 of the era, 20kg lighter than the ZX7R, but 30kg heavier than the RSV Mille (all measurements I've made).

IMO all 750's need the cam chain tensioner upgrade (see numerous legacy posts) and benefit from improved cooling measures.

So in conclusion, the thread starter has a standard 750 motor with normal production markings used by the subcontractors. If its got a 15T sprocket fitted as original then it's an Evo2/3 motor.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone happen to know the production number for the 2000 Mv 750? Last I knew it was around 330 and out of that 180 made it state side. I have no clue if those numbers are correct but thats what I remember. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts