MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well if I'm reading that correctly (I'm a little off on my Italian but it decent) that says that AMG Mercedes will have no part in the decision making process nor the production aspect. Fair to say they are a back seat financieur.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Translation:
Mercedes-AMG MV Agusta: EICMA "marriage" to be done and will be within the year. Mercedes AMG will acquire a portion of the historic Italian manufacturer of two-wheelers by the end of 2014.

The announcement of the agreement between Mercedes AMG and MV Agusta will arrive at the EICMA in Milan, scheduled for early November. Gone with the combination of Ducati (after the partnership dated 2010, the Borgo Panigale then decided to monetize by selling the complete package to another German giant Audi) Mercedes AMG has focused on the strong historical brand of motorcycle racing and winning in our house . To enter almost on tiptoe into the world of two wheels.
Almost, because after resisting a proposal by the Fiat Group, Giovanni Castiglioni has succumbed to the lure of Stuttgart thanks to a special no small matter: Mercedes AMG enter into society with a minority share (up 20%) and will have no type of claim or from the point of view of decision-making nor productive. Design and construction of MV continue to be developed in Schiranna the "team" led by Castiglioni jr. And the MV Agusta, winner of 38 world titles (among others) Agostini, Hailwood, Surtees and Ubbiali) Italian will remain in effect.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Looks like the small public share of the company will be to AMG. Less than the previously alluded 30%, but still a solid base to have backing MV. Though AMG may not have any direct design say, you can bet that they can bend and ear and at least be cause for a few tribute bikes. I doubt there will be a F4 Hamilton edition around the corner, but maybe a one off for him :p

·
Registered
139 Posts
Translation:
Mercedes-AMG MV Agusta: EICMA "marriage" to be done and will be within the year. Mercedes AMG will acquire a portion of the historic Italian manufacturer of two-wheelers by the end of 2014.

The announcement of the agreement between Mercedes AMG and MV Agusta will arrive at the EICMA in Milan, scheduled for early November. Gone with the combination of Ducati (after the partnership dated 2010, the Borgo Panigale then decided to monetize by selling the complete package to another German giant Audi) Mercedes AMG has focused on the strong historical brand of motorcycle racing and winning in our house . To enter almost on tiptoe into the world of two wheels.
Almost, because after resisting a proposal by the Fiat Group, Giovanni Castiglioni has succumbed to the lure of Stuttgart thanks to a special no small matter: Mercedes AMG enter into society with a minority share (up 20%) and will have no type of claim or from the point of view of decision-making nor productive. Design and construction of MV continue to be developed in Schiranna the "team" led by Castiglioni jr. And the MV Agusta, winner of 38 world titles (among others) Agostini, Hailwood, Surtees and Ubbiali) Italian will remain in effect.
38 world titles?

Did they misprint my tank badge at the factory? :mouthwate

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can't see how this can be a bad thing. Some strong financial support from Mercedes AMG would really help in many facets (expanding dealer network, engineering, etc).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Oh I think it's a blessing. Typically everything they have a hand in is both well played and well spoken. In terms of end product.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Deals not done yet, but it’s coming. :)

Daimler would be purchasing a minority share, but Castiglioni didn’t say how big a chunk they would purchase if the deal went through. He did say the money would be nice, but the prestige and marketing tie-ins would also be great, dreaming of tying the MV Agusta lineup into Mercedes-AMG’s Black Series.

“If it happens, I would be the manager of the year; you can imagine it is a big deal for a small company, family owned, to sell a minority share to a huge company like Mercedes,”

http://canadamotoguide.com/2014/10/22/update-daimler-mv-agusta-hookup-not-a-done-deal/#_

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yep, this has been brewing for a long while. It will probably be officially announced at EICMA.

·
Super Moderator
24,113 Posts
Ralf, talk about going straight to the source....

Thanks.:smoking:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
“Through the sales-and-marketing partnership with Mercedes-AMG, the
producer of high-performance motorcycles should further accelerate its
growth...”

Aaahhh, how do they think they’ll accomplish this? Will AMG dealers start selling MV’s?
Hey, combining car and motorcycle sales & service under one roof really worked well for Honda now didn’t it. NOT! :jsm:

Sorry, I shouldn’t be so negative but, what MV really needs from AMG, aside from the money, is technical help. MV products need to live up to their sales hype. What good is bleeding edge techno-wizardry wrapped in drop dead gorgeous body work if the motorcycles are not safe and reliable? I do not believe that having the bike in the shop while someone, somewhere, (we hope) tries to figure out how to fix it falls under "Sales and Marketing".

·
Super Moderator
24,113 Posts
What I am hoping is that some of that AMG fit and finish wears off on MV Agusta. For "Motorcycle Art" one expects a certain level of Pride-of-Workmanship.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
“Through the sales-and-marketing partnership with Mercedes-AMG, the
producer of high-performance motorcycles should further accelerate its
growth...”

Aaahhh, how do they think they’ll accomplish this? Will AMG dealers start selling MV’s?
Hey, combining car and motorcycle sales & service under one roof really worked well for Honda now didn’t it. NOT! :jsm:

Sorry, I shouldn’t be so negative but, what MV really needs from AMG, aside from the money, is technical help. MV products need to live up to their sales hype. What good is bleeding edge techno-wizardry wrapped in drop dead gorgeous body work if the motorcycles are not safe and reliable? I do not believe that having the bike in the shop while someone, somewhere, (we hope) tries to figure out how to fix it falls under "Sales and Marketing".
Thank You for posting the news, Ralf!
And I'm sick and tired of Your crying Stephen.
Yes we all know Your issues and I'm deeply saddened about.
But can't You leave any news from MV without Your bitterness?

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
All you guys that are blessing this financial arrangement were also supportive of the HD bailout as well, right?

·
Super Moderator
24,113 Posts
I was.

IMG_2614.JPG

It is a shrewd businessman that can sell his company to rid it if debt, retool it, and bring out three new models...then buy it back for 1 euro all while having it become a Lifestyle Brand!:jsm:

Now where did I leave my MV Agusta chaps......:smoking:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts