MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve bought a 2009/10 B4 1078RR that was written off after what appears to be a minor prang as in cosmetic damage. It is a white and black one with approx. 13,000ks and I would like to track down the owner to get some history and info on some aftermarket battery leads which are excellent. I am going to be racing it down here in Tassie maybe this year or early next. Let me know if you are on here ,Cheers . P.S. pulled the hub today and it is just about farked, bugger all grease and smells like an old diff. you might have dodged a bullet or certainly the guy that was racing it before I got it did.:surprise:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Was it a Tassie bike ?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Mate, I got it from a bloke from Parkes, NSW who got it as a write off and a mate of his raced it in FX Superbikes I believe. update on the hub, since posting I`ve pulled it apart and the wheel bearing had thrown the inner seal and sheared the inner plastic cage which was sitting inside the hub, close call for someone and maybe another for Mitchy`s tally.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Cool mate, that might help us track down the previous owner/s.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The left upper engine bolt has been helicoiled and in the process drilled clean through into the water jacket:frown2: then plugged, might help narrow it down a bit or someone might be aware of that sad story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts