MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mv Augusta owners I am new here, live in Kerry Ireland and I am about to by my dream bike from when I was 18 years old and I was drooling over the bike magazine in Germany then looking at a V4. I recently wrote off my brand new BMW1000R after only riding it for 4 months and I want to buy a bike I am really in love with.
So what I am trying to say is I am unsure about the purchase and need a little notch in the right direction if you know what I mean.
Its great to see this forum and all its members and their experiences that might give me the confidence to go ahead with it.
Cheers Sammy

·
Registered
775 Posts
Dragster RR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sammy,

Which model of MV has caught your interest?
F4 2008, F4 2010, F4 2013, F4 1078 rr 2009
They all in my budget of max 9000 to 11000 eur but which one is better than the other ?
Mileage on the rr is only 5800km the other ones range from 6 to 15 t km.
Cheers Sammy

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
They all in my budget of max 9000 to 11000 eur but which one is better than the other ?
Cheers Sammy
I do not know these bikes, I was asking because other folks will need to see what interests you.
I know the folks who have the F4RR 2009 love it, and will tell you it's a beast. But do you want an older bike after the BMW? So I would say either the F4 2013 or the F4 1078 rr 2009.

I see you have posted this question in the 2010+ section well done, hopefully you will get some info to make the right decision, good luck and take care. If I was going by beauty out of those pics then the old school 2009 RR is the one, a friend from here has one in that colour and loves it, it's a beauty. I don't know about fuelling with the F4 2013, but as far as I know the if you want perfection then the F4 1078 rr 2009 could do with a MicroTec ECU and set up, the chap I know who has this bike has not has the mod and believes it's ok as is, again do you want/need perfection in this regard?

I don't think the mileage on any of the bikes you are looking at is important, they are all low, so condition and maintenance, and possibly any extras or things done which add appeal?

·
Super Moderator
24,725 Posts
Cheers Sammy

From that particular list, I would go for the 2009 F4 1078 312RR all day long.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Old Wing Nut
23,269 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! I will second what he ^^^^ said.... the first generation bikes are really good and the last models (2009) are extremely well sorted machines.
You won't get all the electronic bells and whistles newer bikes have, which may actually be a good thing, but you also won't get ABS which could be considered a bad thing.
Whatever F4 you buy, it will be a special bike. Beautiful, rare and exceptional.

Reactions: millgolfhouse

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Sammy,

Which model of MV has caught your interest?
I was going to get the 1078 2009 model but now I bought a Benelli 😬, because I just loved the sound of the 3 zylinder and its very different from any other motorcycle like a MV and also the design is beautiful like a MV.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I was going to get the 1078 2009 model but now I bought a Benelli 😬, because I just loved the sound of the 3 zylinder and its very different from any other motorcycle like a MV and also the design is beautiful like a MV.
Is that the Tornado model? Anyway, I can understand the appeal of such a bike, hey and it's Italian, they make unique beautiful Bikes.

Now here is some Unique Benelli's for ya with a :
:
Cheers,
Bert.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that the Tornado model? Anyway, I can understand the appeal of such a bike, hey and it's Italian, they make unique beautiful Bikes.

Now here is some Unique Benelli's for ya with a :
:
Cheers,
Bert.
Yes it's the TNT r160.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts