MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- I live in Johannesburg South Africa- I know very litle about MVs - I own a bmw K1300S and have recently decided to buy a 2nd smaller bike- I have been looking at most 600 to 750 cc bikes available and almost bought a Triumph 675 untill I rode a 7500cc MV - Im hooked -

I am looking at a 2nd hand bike (3 to choose from here) could you give me advice on what to look out for when buying a 2nd hand 750 MV ?
And advice apreciated

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome!

Hi Doug and welcome to the forum! You're best off buying a later model 750 like a 2003 model EVO3. Look for low milage and service history if you can. Early model seven fittys have a single rad compared to the later model twin rad setup. Apart from all the usual checks when buying a second hand bike it may be worth checking the wheel bearings as these tend not to last. I hope this helps. :)

Enjoy your F4!!

:f4:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Basically get the latest model you can afford, I'm assuming you are talking about a 750 F4 or are you looking at a Brutale?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi - all - I have been looking at a few bikes - almost bought a new BMW 1000rr but somehow I keep looking at the MVs - I have found a F4 1000 I really like its in mint condition 2005 model- Its blue and silver - is this an origional colour ? owner says it is - I prefer the red /silver but this bike is in such good condition I will live with the blue - lol.
Ok a couple of questions- Im 52 years old - I own a BM K1300s with all the traction controll ABS etc etc - I can ride like a hooligan and my bike looks after me- Im not selling the BM the MV will be a 2nd fun bike for breakfast runs etc-Is the MV a handfull to ride without all the electronic gizmos? Is it suitable for longer rides of say over 400km ? - I have test ridden the 1000f4 but didnt push things .
Any advice coments etc apreciated.Are there any other South African members on this forum ?
Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts