MV Agusta Forum banner

Looking for ignition coils or a modification

282 Views 15 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  esq'z me
Hi all, i am in need of 4 ignition coils for a mv agusta f4 1000r from 2007. They are really hard to find but i need them does any one have them for sale? Or maybe somebody knows a good replacement / modification? I hope somebody can help me out because i am stuk with a broken f4 ever since i bought it :( thanks in advance
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Why do you think it is the coils?
What testing have you done?
What other repairs have been made?
Why do you think it is the coils?
What testing have you done?
What other repairs have been made?
So when i bought the bike it runned good for 2 week then it started to run on 3 cilinders after checking the ecu we found out that the first ignition coil resistance burned out. On advice of a shop i replaced all 4 for a modification. Then the problem shiften from working good for 20min then when its in low rpm or the clutch lever is pulled it just shuts off, you can start it right away but if you dont put it under throttle it will shutt down again. With testing now the ecu is good but its again pointing toward the ignition coil modification
That is very unusual.
That is very unusual.
I know so any help or advice is welkom
The coils can be tested. Both with an ohmmeter and a dynamic coil tester (some auto shops may have one or an old motorcycle shop).
Coils do not normally cause stalling at idle and then run fine under loads or higher rpm. When a coil is failing it tends to break down more at high rpm or at all times, not just at idle.
You say you replaced ALL 4 coils already with some modification ??? Because one coil failed the resistance test outlined in the workshop manual ?
How many miles on your F4 ? and what year model is it ? Do you know what ECU is in your bike?
The coils can be tested. Both with an ohmmeter and a dynamic coil tester (some auto shops may have one or an old motorcycle shop).
Coils do not normally cause stalling at idle and then run fine under loads or higher rpm. When a coil is failing it tends to break down more at high rpm or at all times, not just at idle.
You say you replaced ALL 4 coils already with some modification ??? Because one coil failed the resistance test outlined in the workshop manual ?
How many miles on your F4 ? and what year model is it ? Do you know what ECU is in your bike?
He throws away 3 good coils because one is not working... 1000 euro in the wind
Well the orginial ecu got testen and turned out the resistance in the ignition coil got damaged and then damaged the ecu so we repaired the ecu. And after some research i found that if 1 coils goes bad the rest follows soon, the f4 has 18.000km on it, its a 2007 1000r f4
These have been confirmed to work by another forum member. The coils and wire colors are the same. The plug heads are different and you will have to splice the old plugs onto the new coils. I highly recommend soldering and heat shrink.

US $29.49 11% Off | Motorcycle Parts Ignition Coil For Benelli BJ600GS BN600 BJ300GS BN302S BJ 600GS 300GS
These have been confirmed to work by another forum member. The coils and wire colors are the same. The plug heads are different and you will have to splice the old plugs onto the new coils. I highly recommend soldering and heat shrink.

US $29.49 11% Off | Motorcycle Parts Ignition Coil For Benelli BJ600GS BN600 BJ300GS BN302S BJ 600GS 300GS
Thanks, is there a place where i can buy new plugheads like those that are on the orginial ones?
Thanks, is there a place where i can buy new plugheads like those that are on the orginial ones?
I haven’t heard of any. Sorry
W
I haven’t heard of any. Sorry
Ah no worries, thanks for the coil suggestion tho its atleast something
I suppose you can change the plug on the bike and on the coil. Amazon has pigtails for both ends. As long as they match it will work.

This should work. As long as both the bike and coils match it will work.

US $1.62 | 1-20Sets 6188-0099 6189-0179 3Pin/way Female Male Auto Connector Ignition Coil Plug For Toyota Camry Corolla Honda Accord Civic
This should work. As long as both the bike and coils match it will work.

US $1.62 | 1-20Sets 6188-0099 6189-0179 3Pin/way Female Male Auto Connector Ignition Coil Plug For Toyota Camry Corolla Honda Accord Civic
Thank you so much for the help will look into it
Reactions: 1
This company may be able to help. They have also directed me to another source when the connector wanted was not in their inventory. Great service.
Cycle Terminals
1 - 16 of 16 Posts