MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
19,545 Posts
The big pictures don't show up for me, do they show up for the rest of you?
I see them...on my laptop..... what device are you using???

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
There is also no indent for the flag/CRC emblem. Just an observation that makes me a bit crazy because I am "retentive".
Have you seen that area up close on teh CC?

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
I have, but I can’t remember it. Masis would be a great source for a picture.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
The "CRC" is set in the clearcoat. You would have remembered it. Very nice touch.

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Have you seen that area up close on teh CC?
I have, but I can’t remember it. Masis would be a great source for a picture.
Or Dave ...

OR even me....HA! Ijust went through some of the photos from our visit to @The_castle and found the pic we needed.

There is a clear indent where the CRC sticker goes and a demarcation line above that indent. These are the details that are missing on most aftermarket CF Air Tubes.

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
@MVBERT: I don’t think I understand the question.

·
Registered
924 Posts
@MVBERT: I don’t think I understand the question.
Hi silentservice703,

Dished tops like in this pic, I like the look of the dished type, and my right hand side tube doesn't fit as well as one would desire. The only one's I have seen for sale were damaged beyond simply having a new coat of varnish.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
All of the CF Air Tubes I have follow the stock profile with the exception of the indent where the flag/CRC sticker go and line adjacent to that sticker.

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
They look like these on my 312R:

·
Administrator
19,545 Posts
Those "dished" air tubes are not MV oem parts.

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Man-o-man, I had to open the picture and then expand it just to see what you were trying to show.

I have never seen those before.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Man-o-man, I had to open the picture and then expand it just to see what you were trying to show.

I have never seen those before.
I find the contours of the dished tops a lot more interesting to look at than the boring oem large flat surface, sorry it's only a detail, but quite a few of us can get real fussy over minor details.

There was a British company that made the complete air tubes in CF with dished(indented) tops, they were properly expensive, but unfortunately by the time I contacted them they no longer made them, concentrating on other products. I think the covers can still be bought dished, which is what mine are.
The main worry is as I found myself and others on here have kindly pointed out, is how well CF products actually fit when mounted on the bike, ie it's a risk you take!

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Reminds me of the playfield from this old pinball machine.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 40 Posts