MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone want to sell, or know where I can get the inner fairing panel (Black with the Italian flag at the bottom) in carbon fibre finish please?

The bike has carbon extra's on it and to my mind, those inner fairings would look good in carbon, I've seen them on other F4's, so must be an MV or aftermarket parts supplier for them. Nothing on the usual sites I can find.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
That is not an inner fairing. That is the air tube that delivers air from the nose to the airbox.

6.jpg

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is not an inner fairing. That is the air tube that delivers air from the nose to the airbox.

View attachment 473461
Ah, not taken it apart and it's not with me til weds now, I just thought it was a panel on top, didn't realise was a complete assembly, might help with my searching ;) Thanks! :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
I have those out in my garage.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
They also sell a carbon fiber cover you put over the original airtubes. Not as nice but much cheaper.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,860 Posts
They also sell a carbon fiber cover you put over the original airtubes. Not as nice but much cheaper.
The SPR (and another model I think?) came with factory carbon covers on the air tubes.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
The F4 Ago also had carbon covers...

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
@Keith42: For what year and model bike?

@312R Dan: Those are good instructions for the First Gen F4, and the instructions are generally the same for the Second Gen...but, they are different. Also very different for the B4.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Keith42: For what year and model bike?

@312R Dan: Those are good instructions for the First Gen F4, and the instructions are generally the same for the Second Gen...but, they are different. Also very different for the B4.
Sure, just providing what I had available for Keith 42, he didn't specify a bike, no signature or pic on avatar and this thread is about the gen 1 F4, so hopefully if he is looking for something else you will be sure to soon find out n help ;)

Hope you're staying well chuck.

All the best.

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
HI Dan, yes we are well...and plan on staying that way! Hopefully you and yours are healthy and happy, too!

It is an inherent problem as threads get onger that the context of bike model and year is lost. When folks jump in the middle without a model/year specific query or addition, things can get derailed pretty quickly.

Keep up the good work!

Did you find what you were originally seeking? I have a couple of sets of air tubes for the First Gen F4 in my garage. Some of them need some clearcoat work and I plan on doing that this summer.
ONe of the issues with the aftermarket carbon air tubes is that eh area above the flag/CRC does not have the demarcation line that exists on the factory part. There is also no indent for the flag/CRC emblem. Just an observation that makes me a bit crazy because I am "retentive".

Anyway, I may have a set available in a couple of months i f you are still in the market.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a first gen F4 1000 and the left air intake tube is missing the decal (Italian colors? CRC? Not sure). Is this something I can buy separately? Does anybody have this available?

·
Super Moderator
22,356 Posts
Um, (tongue-in-cheek) what on your OTHER Air Tube?

The parts diagram for the 2005 F4 has two parts numbers. The CRC part number is indicated for the AGO.
The other part number, 8000A3217, then would be the Italian Flag and is used for the other three models.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HI Dan, yes we are well...and plan on staying that way! Hopefully you and yours are healthy and happy, too!

It is an inherent problem as threads get onger that the context of bike model and year is lost. When folks jump in the middle without a model/year specific query or addition, things can get derailed pretty quickly.

Keep up the good work!

Did you find what you were originally seeking? I have a couple of sets of air tubes for the First Gen F4 in my garage. Some of them need some clearcoat work and I plan on doing that this summer.
ONe of the issues with the aftermarket carbon air tubes is that eh area above the flag/CRC does not have the demarcation line that exists on the factory part. There is also no indent for the flag/CRC emblem. Just an observation that makes me a bit crazy because I am "retentive".

Anyway, I may have a set available in a couple of months i f you are still in the market.
Glad you're all well Chuck, very much hope it stays that way!

I'm on day 8 of 3 months Isolation, due to being considered "vulnerable & high risk". Doc in daily contact as I will NOT go to a hospital or anywhere else, so as to avoid spreading it. I have been suffering symptoms for 8 days and critical for 4 of them, requiring injections every 3 hours night and day and with heavily laboured breathing. So I could be better, BUT as bricktop once said I'm "Mohammed I'm Hard Bruce Lee" and my boxing mates like to remind me I apparently have "the eye of the tiger". I'm fortunate to have friends capable and willing to assist with food shop, despite needing to visit 5 supermarkets to achieve that!

Art came up with the goods I was seeking for very reasonable cost, but was un-affordable and likely won't be for quite some time now, given the economic and my health situation, but we'll see. I am aware of the differences, was just and idea, now on the back burner. Standard is fine for now and hopefully when I recover, I'll be benefiting from some immunity and be able to use her once again! For now, we're on rest and isolation, just wish she would fit into the living room rather than the garage! :)

Good luck with your renovations and many thanks for the offer, let me know when available and I'll see where I'm at and what you want for them. :D (y) Stay well bud, all the best

1 - 20 of 40 Posts