MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a 2015 F3 800 and I am looking to change out my grips, to be honest I am looking to do this mostly for looks, as I am completely satisfied with the stock grips. That being said I am looking for a quality set of grips (and willing to pay for quality). I saw a set of puig grips on design courses website link here: (https://www.designcorse.com/collections/2015/products/puig-racing-mv-agusta-grips?variant=4231063169). They are relatively inexspensive, look the part, and I know puig is a known name (although mostly for wind screens). Can anyone provide any input on this or steer me towards something you guys would reccomend? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I am also interested in this but I mainly need grips so that they are just a tad thicker than stock. So far the only ones I've found that appear to be decent are Rizoma but I don't think they're any thicker.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Coop,

The Puig ones look very similar to the Rizoma sports grips. I ran a set of Rizomas for a couple of years. Not very good I found. Look good but grip is crap and control definitely suffers for it. Diameter is too small. The Rizoma bar ends are also crap as they always came loose and moved out. Was going to put the standard ones back but tried the Domino race grips. They don't fit the throttle plastic properly so looks suffer a bit if anyone notices but control and grip are fantastic. I really noticed the improvement straight away.

Cheers

Deano

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm waiting for them to invent refrigerated one's here in Nth. Qld.

Cheers

Deano

:mad:
Gah. An air temp of 24C is a "maybe 5 days a year really hot day" temperature. Today it was 12 and cloudy. Which I felt was a good day. Wearing shorts and tee shirt.

·
Registered
823 Posts
:mad:
Gah. An air temp of 24C is a "maybe 5 days a year really hot day" temperature. Today it was 12 and cloudy. Which I felt was a good day. Wearing shorts and tee shirt.
Man, in summer here that's the overnight temperature for a couple of months. Beautiful riding weather in winter though, 15-28C average for a few months.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
316 Posts
Can anyone advise if you can get an OEM right hand grip without the "Comando Gas D.B.W" as €119.42 + postage is a boat load of Australian Dollars when the left grip is only €9.67

I know reading through this thread there are plenty of aftermarket alternatives but I I actually really like the OEM grips.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Can anyone advise if you can get an OEM right hand grip without the "Comando Gas D.B.W" as €119.42 + postage is a boat load of Australian Dollars when the left grip is only €9.67

I know reading through this thread there are plenty of aftermarket alternatives but I I actually really like the OEM grips.

You'd probably we better of getting an aftermarket grip instead of buying the whole OEM assembly, unless you can find a manufacturer mark on the OEM grips Chris.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts