MV Agusta Forum banner

Looking for a headlight (w/o glass)

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  cus 
#1 ·
Till now I upgraded my Brutale's headlight with 2x Morimoto Bi-xenon projectors and some LED's, but now I have even better idea for DIY project.

The problem is that I don't want my bike sitting in garage till project see the daylight, so I need a headlight assembly (complete) but without glass.
I beleve that I can find it here, becouse it's much common problem that glass fell out and end-up in pieces - right? :bawling:

Tried some search, even send some PM-a but no luck (no answer).
Does someone has it, and is willing to sell for a "reasonable" price, since it is almost useless without glass? :smoking:

#2 ·
I would like to see your new project, always looking for a new style headlight. What are you doing with your old one?

#3 ·
Actually the "new" DIY project would be visualy very similar to last one (2 x Bi-xenon are the max you can push inside oem housing). The main differences would be in projectors mounting plate so it can accommodate electronically auto-regulated beam height (just like in car with HID system) + horizontally placed LED's like on new Brute.

Other idea was to imitate BMW adaptive headlight, but it's far more complicated task with uncertain result.

But, first thing first - need headlight housing!! :smoking:

#7 ·
Oooo yeah .... I'm still looking for the headlight housing.

I've exchanged several PM with a member Black Duck, and in fact we already have all agreed but he's offline for more than a month now, so I'm afraid that this deal will not be realized so soon.

I hope we can make some deal in next few days/weeks?

#8 ·
BUMP
Am I cursed or what, whoever appears with information about housing, disappears from the forum after 1-2 posts :frown2:
Btw, I had a "tiny little problem" with my B-750 (last year my engine blew) and therefore the project "dual bi-xenon headlight" was on hold, but in every bad has something good, so that my Brutale become Frankenstein with a donor heart from 910 and the whole project makes sense again. :smoking:

However, the search is still going on - anyone ?? :grin2::grin2:

#15 ·
Miko et all,

Just for your info. when my lens fell out I glued a headlight protector from A.M.H.P. (Australian Motorcycle Headlight Protectors) onto the shell. It was a pretty close fit and did the job 'till the new headlight came. Unfortunately the shop threw the shell away when they shut up shop (bastards) otherwise you could've had that. Useless information that I know.

Cheers

Deano

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.