MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find the best deal on a 910R in California or Arizona?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, seems that you only have 3/4 choices in CA and AZ. Munroes in San Fran, the new Yamaha/MV dealer in Sac, Pro Italia in Glendale, or the one dealer in AZ (who's name escapes me).

I can't talk about the AZ dealer or the new one in Sac but... I flew 400 miles down to Glendale to pick up a Brutale, Pro Italia won't deal too much on the bike, but the service is excellent and they tossed in some very nice swag to sweeten the deal.

I'd be surprised if you found a dealer that would give you money off MSRP on a 910R but good on you if you can. :yo:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't know anything about deals, but Scottsdale Ducati - MV Agusta had a 910R in the showroom when I was there the other day. They're good people and they'll treat you right. That's where I bought mine.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1. welcome to the forum
2. what do you mean by "deal?"
3. the 910R is a great bike... and is produced in relatively small numbers... so, UNlike japanese bikes, you really can't expect much of a DEAL.

buy the 910R.... you'll love it, even if you spend 1K MORE than you want to or expect to.... it'll be worth more than every penny every time you thumb the starter... i assure you

for the record....
if you are the kind of person who likes a "Deal" (which is fine) then becoming an MV enthusiast really isn't such a great idea...
because:
1. service is very expensive
2. you'll be inclined to a lot of aftermarket add-ons... which are quite costly
etc....

forget DEALS...
your on the wrong forum... for that kind of thought process

no offense intended.... just stating the facts

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
spalding12 said:
forget DEALS...
your on the wrong forum... for that kind of thought process

no offense intended.... just stating the facts
I totally disagree Greg. I think that statement paints the wrong picture of MV owners. At least I'm not in that boat.

If I was in the market for a 910R, I'd contact a few dealers and see who has them. Make sure they understand you are serious. I know a few people who have called my dealership and got a good deal and even had it shipped to them and still saved over the local dealer.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Gladio said:
I totally disagree Greg. I think that statement paints the wrong picture of MV owners. At least I'm not in that boat.

If I was in the market for a 910R, I'd contact a few dealers and see who has them. Make sure they understand you are serious. I know a few people who have called my dealership and got a good deal and even had it shipped to them and still saved over the local dealer.
paints a WRONG picture of MV owners?
i merely said that MV owners don't get into loving this nameplate if they are "FRUGAL"

MVs aren't cheap to purchase.... you can get a lot more bikes by spec for the money

MVs aren't cheap to maintain.... $450.00 for a 600 mile checkup for.... the valves being checked JUST to make money for your dealer

contact all the dealers you want
but..... be ready to pay near retail.... and don't worry about that
it's a Brutale 910R.... it's worth MORE than you'll pay.... to everyone here who owns one

trust me

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
spalding12 said:
paints a WRONG picture of MV owners?
Yes, it portrays MV owners as elitists with money to burn. While that might be true for some, I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few people who saved their lunch money to afford an MV.

i merely said that MV owners don't get into loving this nameplate if they are "FRUGAL"
No, I don't believe you did and for the record I love my MVs, I am frugal, and on this forum.

What you did do IMHO is tell a guy after making one of his firsts posts that he doesn't belong here if he is looking for a deal on a very expensive bike.

Deals can be had. I'm not saying he can get the bike for free. But as you mentioned service is expensive and sometimes you can talk a dealer into throwing in the first service--and that's a deal. Dealers do sell under MSRP. Did you know at one time MV was discounting the Brutale 750 something like $2500?

And for the record the 910R is not a limited production bike, it's a standard model. Sure MV doesn't make a gazillion of them, but neither are there that many buyers willing to buy it.

Just because you didn't look for a deal when you bought your 910R, doesn't mean other people shouldn't. And while service can be expensive, frugal people like myself work on their own bikes. We don't complain about the dealer charging us $350 to put on an exhaust, we do it ourselves.

I'll apologize in advance if this comes off as an attack. I simply don't agree with you on this one.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Gladio said:
Yes, it portrays MV owners as elitists with money to burn. While that might be true for some, I'd be willing to bet there are more than a few people who saved their lunch money to afford an MV.

No, I don't believe you did and for the record I love my MVs, I am frugal, and on this forum.

What you did do IMHO is tell a guy after making one of his firsts posts that he doesn't belong here if he is looking for a deal on a very expensive bike.

Deals can be had. I'm not saying he can get the bike for free. But as you mentioned service is expensive and sometimes you can talk a dealer into throwing in the first service--and that's a deal. Dealers do sell under MSRP. Did you know at one time MV was discounting the Brutale 750 something like $2500?

And for the record the 910R is not a limited production bike, it's a standard model. Sure MV doesn't make a gazillion of them, but neither are there that many buyers willing to buy it.

Just because you didn't look for a deal when you bought your 910R, doesn't mean other people shouldn't. And while service can be expensive, frugal people like myself work on their own bikes. We don't complain about the dealer charging us $350 to put on an exhaust, we do it ourselves.

I'll apologize in advance if this comes off as an attack. I simply don't agree with you on this one.
1. i take NO offense to what you said... i'm sorry i offended you (or anyone)

2. since my post we have talked in PMs... and all is well and i think that he understood my point.

3. frugality is wonderful... i should adapt more to THAT way of thinking.... my wife will be VERY HAPPY TO REMIND ME OF THAT :)

4. i'm sorry if i came off sounding ridiculous... meant not to

i appreciate your comments... and glad you made them

again... sorry if i upset anyone with my "tone."

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Let's not forget that most of the good deals will come privately if you have the patience to wait for what you want.

Check the classifieds threads on the forum, they come up every now and then. And just hang around here, there are plent of folks on here that really have nothing better to do with their time than cruise through e-bay for you.... :)

Good luck on finding what you want, Yuma, and welcome to the forum!

-colin

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Many people here talk about negotiating the first service (free) as a "deal".

Do you think this is a good idea?? Do you think the dealer will say, "that one is a freebie, just do the basics"

Do you think they may just give the bike an oil change, check a few things and send you on the way?

Just wondering.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
well...
my dealer wouldn't hear of that, either
and i've dealt there for years
times are tough in the luxury world of high-price (relatively speaking) motorcycle sales...
they'll make money ANY WAY they can

remember...
every dealer is 3 separate businesses
sales
service
parts
none are connected
EACH has to make its own money

so....
when you negotiate the cost of the first service at the time of sale, you are trying to fix something between 2 different departments

the first service HAS to be done a certain way.... there should be no "freebie-type 1st service," if you know what i mean

·
Registered
281 Posts
airfuel said:
Many people here talk about negotiating the first service (free) as a "deal".

Do you think this is a good idea?? Do you think the dealer will say, "that one is a freebie, just do the basics"

Do you think they may just give the bike an oil change, check a few things and send you on the way?
I would worry this as well - I am paranoid about this... I mentioned to service that the salesman promised to have my exhaust installed gratis and they responded "well tell your salesman to come over here and pay me, then. We don't do anything for free".

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
SteveC said:
I would worry this as well - I am paranoid about this... I mentioned to service that the salesman promised to have my exhaust installed gratis and they responded "well tell your salesman to come over here and pay me, then. We don't do anything for free".
this is exactly my point

also,
and this might seem weird to some of you.....
i like to be FULLY welcome when i come to my dealer... which i do very often
i hang out there not INfrequently
and i don't want them to think that i'm always trying to screw them over

my dad sold cars for 35 years
if he didn't sell... we didn't eat
so..... no one more appreciates the issues of COMMISSION and sales

our bikes are luxuries, afterall (for MOST of us here, anyway)
so..... just like going to Disney World.... your expenses don't end with the entrance fee

1 - 20 of 27 Posts