MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

·
Administrator
18,828 Posts
It's the fittings that are the trick. The tank side are easy.....Any good sources for the fuel rail side?

·
Super Moderator
21,417 Posts
I you decide to go with hoses from the auto parts store, length matters. If you have an inch or two of extra length, the hose stress can push on your quick disconnect fuel connectors enough to interrupt fuel flow while riding....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx everyone but yes the fittings are the problem and i'm looking for oem, as it already has all the bend, length.and fittings.

·
Super Moderator
21,417 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,417 Posts
Yes, Noel, I did check the price and it is on par with every other set of OEM lines. They are expensive kit.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
The Op makes a good point about the original equip. having the correct bends. If you fit aftermarket then Gates 5/16 inch injection hose is the way to go. Route the hoses to the right ( looking down on it) side of the alternator or the tank wont sit right and you'll be crushing the hoses.

I haven't found a way of buying the John Guest fuel rail connectors retail or wholesale....They appear to only supply to the manufacturer in this case MV Agusta.

So, If changing hoses always keep the John Guest fittings and be very careful not to damage the little o rings when cutting away the old hose.

Joe

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
?

leorsv;

Why are you looking for stock fuel lines? the plastic quick disconnects FAIL with catastrophic results......
Phil said buy 5/16" line from the auto parts store and use American made CPC METAL quick disconnects
DO NOT USE THE CHINESE CRAP FITTINGS!!!!

:wink2:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought the metal tanks fittings... and they are installed ...But do to work I had to work a year abroad.... When I got back I cant find the fuel lines with the fittings my boy turned the garage into a DJ studio and rearranged everything.

Does these cpc metal fitting connect to the fuel injectors with out any mods and the tank?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts