MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Seriously considering a 2020 Rosso. Wondering what people paid recently & how you like the bike so far.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome! Not sure where you live in the world or if the bike was a dealer demo but both affect the price of a new bike. The Rosso is the base model TV. So keeping that in mind you should not pay over MSRP. Unless you live on an island and you have to have this bike. Being a leftover you "should" get at least a 1-2k price drop.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 Moto Guzzi Norge GT8V
44 Posts
How about an 8K drop. If it's one of the many at Eurocycle, you won't likely find a better price anywhere. $11,995. I'm looking at a Lusso SCS for $14,995.

Reactions: MVmaybe

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
Welcome to the family....I have moved this post to the New Member section for you introdcution.
Where are you within these United States?
What other bikes have you had/have. You are aware the MV is a very small production boutique brand with all the foibles that entails?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi! I am from Santa Cruz, CA originally & then spent 30 years in Redondo Beach, CA before moving to Olympia, WA last year.

Moved out at 17 to buy my first street bike, a 1987 Honda VFR 700 with sweet gear driven cams, & have had a bike ever since. Currently riding an 08 Ducati Hypermotard with a few mods. I know all about MV & their quirks & lack of dealers but that still does not scare me away….

I have owned several Ducati’s, a sweet Triumph Speed Triple, & even an 05 ZX10r that was the fastest & most raw bike I have ever ridden.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Sky
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Photograph
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Well your no stranger to bikes! @Blacky suggestion sounds like a good one to me. I thought you lived on the island of Patmos but it turns out you live on the island of California. Vegas is only a boat ride away.

·
Registered
2012 Multistrada Pikes Peak, 2017 XDiavel, 2020 TVS Lusso scs
113 Posts
How about an 8K drop. If it's one of the many at Eurocycle, you won't likely find a better price anywhere. $11,995. I'm looking at a Lusso SCS for $14,995.
How much does Euorcycles add for freight, set up, and dealer mark up?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If I remember correctly I think that all the dealer fees added up to around $2,000. Now I’m officially old so I may be wrong on my number, but I called them a year ago about a TV Lusso scs and decided to buy from a private party in Salt Lake City because of the savings. The bike had 200 miles on it and hadn’t been registered yet, I paid $14,500. Started it but didn’t even throw a leg over it, just rolled into the back of the truck and drove straight back to San Diego. Zero regrets and am really enjoying the bike. I get lots of compliments on the aesthetics of the TV, especially since I put the Corse Tre on. The best one was when I came out of a restaurant and there was a guy standing by my bike who had been waiting for the owner to show up so that he could ask questions about the bike. :D :cool:

·
Registered
'21' TVL
22 Posts
I just bought a Lusso from Eurocycle a couple weeks ago. In fact, I don't have it yet because it is being shipped to Michigan.
Based on my purchase, here is a breakdown of the dealer fees. I don't know if some of these are a percentage of the price or a flat fee.

Freight to ship it to the dealer - $595
Dealer prep - $600
If you are out of state, there is no point in registering it in Nevada, but there is a separate process to certify to Nevada that it is leaving the state and to have Nevada issue a title. Those Title/License/Registration fees are $28.25, at least in my case.
Document or Administration Fees - $369
Other Charges - $397
You have the honor of paying sales tax in your home state.
I also paid for shipping it to me.
As always, I hate the high dealer fees, but most of these would be the same from any other dealer and buying a new bike you get a warranty that you wouldn't buying used. In the end, their prices are good enough that the price including the fees is better than you can do anywhere else. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
'21' TVL
22 Posts
I get lots of compliments on the aesthetics of the TV, especially since I put the Corse Tre on.
I thought since MVmaybe is new, I should clarify that the "Corse Tre" is an aftermarket exhaust. Specifically, a HP Corse Hydro Tre. Us new guys have to learn the lingo.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I thought that those fees were close to $2,000, and you are right, their sale price is quite good; also, I believe that those add on fees are fairly typical.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Wow that's still a good deal for a new TV. I bought mine slightly used from a private party and paid 9500 and it had a bunch of the upgrades I already wanted. If you want the warranty though that's a good way to go it seems. It could pay for itself.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
The factory warranty transfers to the new owner.... If you buy a used MV that is still covered by warranty you get that warranty .

·
Registered
113 Posts
To briefly retell a situation that I had. Purchased my 2020 TV with 200 mi on it from a private party, at 650 mi I take it to my local dealer (Moto Forza, Escondido) for its first service. I did this just to keep the warranty in force, the short story, much metal in the oil. This came from broken tabs on the clutch basket, my dealer went to bat for me, and to MV's credit they totally came through and sent a complete new engine, and I had my bike back and on the road in just two weeks!! Also, MV paid for the next first service 😁. I can only guess at what all this would have cost if I had to foot the bill. Thank you Moto Forza, and Thank you MV Agusta.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
There was a Service Bulletin about that clutch basket. Dealers were (are) supposed to replace them before they break when a bike is in their shop for any reason. Moto Forza did what was right.
Poor @bioluminescence up in San Francisco didn't have quite the same experience with his dealer.

·
Registered
'21' TVL
22 Posts
To briefly retell a situation that I had. Purchased my 2020 TV with 200 mi on it from a private party, at 650 mi I take it to my local dealer (Moto Forza, Escondido) for its first service. I did this just to keep the warranty in force, the short story, much metal in the oil. This came from broken tabs on the clutch basket, my dealer went to bat for me, .....
It seems like the clutch basket service bulletin was back around 2017, wasn't it? I would have thought that John's 2020 bike would have updated parts in it. Is this an issue only with SCS? I bought the regular clutch version because I enjoy shifting.

Sorry, drifting off topic.

·
Registered
113 Posts
There was a Service Bulletin about that clutch basket. Dealers were (are) supposed to replace them before they break when a bike is in their shop for any reason. Moto Forza did what was right.
Poor @bioluminescence up in San Francisco didn't have quite the same experience with his dealer.
Thank you for bringing @bioluminescence/user to my attention, I found his thread and read through it,,,,,,what a shit show! Hopefully he will not have Gremlins chasing him with regard to clutch/motor issues going forward.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought the regular clutch version because I enjoy shifting.
I don’t mind clutching either (you still have to shift with the scs) but the scs just seemed like a cool option to have, and I have greatly enjoyed it, especially in stop and go traffic or when lane sharing/ splitting at very low speed.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
It seems like the clutch basket service bulletin was back around 2017, wasn't it? I would have thought that John's 2020 bike would have updated parts in it. Is this an issue only with SCS? I bought the regular clutch version because I enjoy shifting.

Sorry, drifting off topic.
Ahh... I did not realize he has a SCS Rekluse clutch. But that clutch may use the normal basket (like many aftermarket slipper clutches do). Will have to check. And yeah...2020 clutch wasn't part of that bulletin.
That's what happens when you get old...senility creeps in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts