MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=130280868094

Gonna see how they work on the Brutale... if I dont like it I will just sell them or something. I'm excited!
Congrats, the way to go! Keep us posted really interestig to see what it does to your riding! I am also looking for a steering bar mod for this season, you can only lean forward that much with orig brutale bars, no more..!

And now I saw the price.. Congrats again:)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope they work well... I know I hated the stock bars when I ran on the track this summer. And the way I ride I just like to be leaned farther forward than I am with the stock bars.

If this does not work out I am gonna try the monster bar...

I have to put my bike all back together first... 6 of my valves need shims... ugh! So that's tomorrow and then the clipons will go on whenever they get here. I will post pics :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was bidding on those too.. sorry for costing you a few extra $$, I stopped at $31 not knowing if they'll work on our bikes. I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Spidi

Good find! Can't see why they wouldn't work providing there is enough room between the top yoke and where the fork changes diameter. Going to be very well forward and low.

If they don't work out then the S4R bars work so much better than the stockers.

Good luck with the mod.

Si.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries I figured some other board members would be bidding on it :)

Can't wait to see if they work!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice! I didn't know they'd fit. If you could, definitely post up how they look and feel. I'm using a set of those "clubman" dunstall, thing, bars that'll do about the same. It's quite a different ride now. I like it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i got them (man that guy ships fast!).... Its not gonna be as easy as i had hoped, haha... they fit... but the problem is there is not enough space between the forks and the headlight holder thing... I think I have a pretty easy fix for it though... Will require some removal of metal but I can make it look clean and it wont affect the strength of the headlight bracket.... So this mod went from the super easy to the some actual modding required... in other words... its not gonna be a simple bolt on but its not hard either. When my valve adjusting project is done I am gonna tackle this... Its cold I got time ;)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Can you move the headlight bracket-thing down a hair? In my opinion, that might give you more room overall, as the Brute's got quite a bit of wires all pointing right where the headlight's gonna be. (If I'm imagining this correctly)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you move the headlight bracket-thing down a hair? In my opinion, that might give you more room overall, as the Brute's got quite a bit of wires all pointing right where the headlight's gonna be. (If I'm imagining this correctly)
Thats a good idea! I will have to see if that would work... that would be a lot easier.

No progress pics yet I am still working on the lousy valves... one project at a time ;) Its hard with working full time and school full time to get some time to do this kinda stuff... This weekend though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts