MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just at 10K miles and it's funny....my sprocket teeth still look good!!! Although, my chain is probably in need of replacing, I'm curious on the longevity of aftermarket sprockets in comparison to the stockers.

I'll prolly go the Talon/RK route, and upgrade to the quick change carrier to make the next change very easy, but just curious on how long those sprockets last...

Also...who has experiance with going -1 AND +2 in the gearing on a 750??? I've gone -1 up front on my R6 and on my Superhawk, anybody have any experiance with this on the Brute??? I'de imagine I could still use the 118 link chain???

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So around every 7K miles???

So you went +3 on a F4 750 and used the same 118 link chain? Why wouldn't you go the same on a Brute? Is it because of the seating position? Because it's already a 520???

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
HI Nate,

F4 750 is geared differently and uses it power differently. Same chain and sprocket fitments though, 520. Try +2 if you really want that acceleration but good balance with keeping the revs under control since you commute.

Usually it's my rear sprocket that wears first and I think it's pretty much changed every valve check/7500ish.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...I usually commute at around 90MPH (trust me...it's dead at 530AM on the highway)...I think the RPMs are sitting at like 8-9K IIRC. how much of an RPM increase am I looking at with going down 1 up front or adding 2-3 in the rear?

I want a little more get up and go. I remember on my R6, 6th gear pull was also really noticeably stronger with -1 up front.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i'm going to be selling my FBF quick change setup and i have 3 rear sprockets. let me know if you may be interested. 2 of them brand new never used. 1 of them low mileage. only used for part of the season. i could get you the details if you're interested...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts