MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everybody's longest road trip?

I'm about to do LA to Vegas and back, then up to San Francisco. About a 1000 miles total on my 05 Brutale.

I assume gas mileage gets better on highways. Whats the average time between breaks, an hour?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Longest was 1600 miles in 3 days, secondary highways. Got about 30-35mpg.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I think David, greylola, has the record.

He went from California to Connecticut on an F4.

In a week.

CAG

·
Registered
917 Posts
On the Brute I took an 8 day trip from Santa Fe thru Utah and a bit of Colorado, about 2000 miles. My personal best is a 3 week tour from here to San Fran all the way up to Vancouver Island then back thru Wash., Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, etc. About 6000 miles if I recall, on an Aprilia Falco.

·
Registered
716 Posts
560miles from Las Vegas to Monterey in a day, twice. Once on Friday and then two days later on Sunday. Laguna Seca Motogp 2008. What a race!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'd say you need a gas station every 100 miles or whatever is an inside figure for your tank range. Take a break if you're hot and tired, otherwise, gas up and keep riding. I've done 10 days on the brute taking things very slow--slow wasn't much fun. But I've also done a breezy 200-220 kph for 8-hrs straight with stops for gas and breakfast. For me, that's too intense to do on a regular basis.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I've done about 3500 km in 8 riding days on both an F4 and on a Brutale. It was a 910S Brutale though, so not as gas-hungry as the 750. The last day on the Brutale was pretty tiring, since we ran through three successive tanks on the autostrada at ~150 km/hr. My hands were numb after that. It really would have helped to have a windscreen on that day.

I've also done some pretty long trips here, but not on the MV. I did 4500 miles on my 748, but that was spread out over 2+ weeks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hmmm... I'm planning to do a trip to Nordkapp, Norway and back next summer in 4 days. From southern Finland my route plan gives 2918km (1813 miles). First and last days are gonna be iron butt -class performances and two easier days between by the shores of arctic sea gazing at the midnight sun.
:yo:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everybody. 1000 miles with over nights should be no problem. Unless it rains :)

Can't wait to roll into Vegas on the MV.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Hmmm... I'm planning to do a trip to Nordkapp, Norway and back next summer in 4 days. From southern Finland my route plan gives 2918km (1813 miles). First and last days are gonna be iron butt -class performances and two easier days between by the shores of arctic sea gazing at the midnight sun.
:yo:

nice.... I spent some time getting up to Nordkapp on a bike.... Norway is beautiful, great ride up there. I ducked into sweden as I got further north to try and make some time. It's not a quick ride up there.... I think I spent 4 days coming from Bergen. Wasn't out to set any speed records though. Lots of rain slowed me down as well....

please keep us posted on that run!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I did this little gig a while back. 1000 miles in 24 hours, with lots of twisties in the middle. This was on the F4 with a big zumo in the way keeping my neck propped up the whole time. not so nice.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17178

i gotta find my paperwork and send it in to the IBA... moved a couple times since then! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
nice.... I spent some time getting up to Nordkapp on a bike.... Norway is beautiful, great ride up there. I ducked into sweden as I got further north to try and make some time. It's not a quick ride up there.... I think I spent 4 days coming from Bergen. Wasn't out to set any speed records though. Lots of rain slowed me down as well....

please keep us posted on that run!
Yea, I've been in Norway before. You're not moving fast in the coast, the roads are curvy, in fjord areas even dangerous, and speeding is expensive. But it's totally different story in Finland, long straight roads in Lappland. That's why my trip plan consists fast, long days up & down, and slow & easy between.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Yea, I've been in Norway before. You're not moving fast in the coast, the roads are curvy, in fjord areas even dangerous, and speeding is expensive. But it's totally different story in Finland, long straight roads in Lappland. That's why my trip plan consists fast, long days up & down, and slow & easy between.
cool man.

Don't forget to say hi to the jolly old man....

And watch out for these guys! I think Blitzen is the one on the left.

yeeeeha!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good post, long trips are definitely a thrill on these bikes. I did about 1300 miles straight (28 hrs) on a Brutale 750, stopping only for gas and food. It was a challenge staying awake, riding thru the night in about 45 degree weather wore me out good, and I'm not even going to mention the hallucinations and voices I heard along the way. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts