MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd finally get around to posting a pic up.....

So far had the intake trumpets modded, full MV Corse Ti header and SC Project Exhaust ( track version ) that got me up to 144 ATW.

A few tweaks to the OEM suspension, including revalving the front, and a linear link on the rear.
Brembo RCS Master Cylinder - that's one hell of an upgrade right there.

Next is head porting and higher compression - currently researching the Piston to Valve clearance to see if there is room to take some meat off the head.

Also looking at the AiM TFT Dash, and upgrading the ECU

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, the headers etc make that much of a difference. If we spent more time on the dyno we could have gotten more out of it.

We started with the base tune from ECU studio and worked from there.

It's running 95 (RON) octane at the moment, but when I get the heads ported and bump the compression, I might go to 100 (non-ethanol) which we can buy at the pump also.

Beyond that, I'll potentially look at HC pistons and have them, the head, valves etc ceramic coated.

There's also more power to be gained by not running 'grease' in the rear hub...one of the race teams here runs motor oil but has to service the hub every month.
I'll be looking at a lighter grease, or a moly based motoroil, there's one from liquid moly that I think will work well and last a summer track season, which will give another 4ATW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's worth 4-5 ATW, and quite a number of racers do it....

You won't get any 'oozing' if you're sealing it properly, and they're not 'filling' it, it's there for basic lubrication.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts