MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have been looking to get back into riding again and was pretty much settled in on a Monster and I keep getting pulled back to looking at the Brutale and can't get it off my mind. My question is what do you guys do that live hundreds of miles from the nearest dealers do for service? Can local shops work on them for minor stuff and you make the trip for expensive warranty work or doesn everything need to go to an authorized dealer? How much service should actually be needed in the initial 2 year warranty period anyway assuming a local shop would work on it after that? Thanks for the insight. I am surprised that there are no dealers anywhere around the DC metro area unless the MV website isn't updated.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
92 Posts
The dealer I'm working with offers pretty much door to door shipping for warranty work and for service. On warranty work, they pretty much cover it. For service, they say that they will offer a significant discount on the hourly shop rate to make up for the shipping charge so it wouldn't be much more than having a local non-MV authorized dealer work on it. Hopefully your closest dealer would be willing to work with you on a similar deal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me it would be a nice weather weekend bike so probably a couple thousand a year at the most. Door to door shipping for warranty work would be great but I can't imagine the dealer would eat that cost for a 2 or 3 hundred mile each way trip.

·
Registered
75 Posts
not everything has to be done by a dealer. being that far away from a service shop might warrant buying a few tools and learning how to do a few things yourself. sure there will be a learning curve but it might be worth the hassle. moster or brutale...both great bikes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's going to be different for every dealer, but my closest dealer delivers bikes locally on a weekly basis so they have a truck here anyway. And I wouldn't say that they are going eat it....there are creative ways for dealers to recoup costs on warranty work performed...

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Jeff,
where exactly are you located. If you have ever heard of Fast Lane Cycles in Chantilly they work on both Duc's and MV's. one of their service guys really loves italian bikes. if service is the only thing you are worried about i would get the MV for sure. These are great bikes and something that i believe you would appreciate more b/c they are few and far between compared to a monster. JMTC. :koolaid:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in Bethesda, that is good to know. I went through service BS with a Ferrari and that definately takes some enjoyment out of it. As long as there are guys around and the Brutale isn't something that is in the shop every other week it sounds like I need to hunt down some deals!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts